Wrinkles are the biggest and most noticeable symptom of aging, but did you know even young skin may experience wrinkles. So get to know how to get rid of wrinkles.
When your skin starts aging, you are bound to notice wrinkles and start looking lesser in the mirror. What happens is that your skin is not able to lock moisture, becomes slow in healing and makes less oil. They can appear on your hands, neck, face, back of the hands, and other parts as your skin loses elasticity and moisture.
Some of the causes of young skin experiencing wrinkles are dust, smoking, certain drugs, pollution, loss of vitamin E, too much stress, lack of certain nutrients, drastic weight loss and exposure to the sun.
Who doesn’t want to look young all their life or at least delay aging! You can simply make changes to your lifestyle and diet to keep wrinkles at bay. If you have been struggling with those unsightly creases on your skin, then here are some natural ways to combat them.
1. Anti-wrinkle diet
There are foods that contain wrinkle fighting elements and there are certain changes that you can make to your diet to keep those wrinkles far far away.
- If you have a really sweet tooth, then you really need to cut down on your sugar intake. Sugar causes ‘glycation stress’ which results in damaging the collagen present in your skin. This will eventually result in wrinkles. So make sure you limit the intake of sugar foods.
- Maintaining an intake of food full of antioxidants will help to protect your skin from free radicals that gives you wrinkles. Blueberries, cranberries, red kidney beans, grapes, walnuts, apricots and tomatoes are some antioxidant rich foods.
- Prefer cocoa over coffee. Coca contains catechin and epicatechin that protects your skin from sun damage which is the major reason for wrinkles. It will make your skin much smoother.
- Another reason that your skin becomes dry, rough and has wrinkles is because it loses cermindes. Taking phytocermides can help give you hydrated and tight skin.
- Maintain an intake of foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids, iron, vitamin C, E and A.
2. Stay hydrated
The biggest and simplest secret of tight and wrinkle free skin is drinking lots of water. Water will not only keep your body hydrated but will also help keep the required moisture level in your skin. Dehydration will make your skin look aged. One of the most basic reason for wrinkles is lack of moisture. So drink loads of it.
What does ‘loads’ mean? On a normal day, drink 6 to 8 glasses of water. In case, you are doing a lot of physical activity which drains out water, drink more than 8 glasses. Make sure you drink pure and filtered water because dissolved ingredients and chemicals in hard water can damage your skin.
Also, drink fresh vegetable and fruit juices to keep your body and skin hydrated. As a rule of thumb, avoid caffeinated drinks and alcohol as they dehydrate the body.
Papaya contains enzymes that gets rid of dead skin cells and facilitates production of newer ones. When you add banana to it, it becomes an even more powerful as banana also helps in production of new skin cells as well. Therefore, it will help you get rid of wrinkles and sagging skin and provide you with a more youthful skin.
- Take a fresh papaya and banana.
- Cut them into small pieces and mash them.
- Mix it well and apply it over the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off using lukewarm water.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil is filled with nourishing qualities for your aging skin. It is packed with antioxidants which combat the free radicals that damage your skin making it sag. Olive oil will moisturize your skin along with producing new skin cells.
- Give yourself a regular massage using olive oil on the affected areas of the skin. Allow the oil to be absorbed completely by the skin. It will moisturize it and offer protection.
- Take a cup of pineapple pieces and drain the syrup.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Now mash it or blend them together.
- Apply this paste over the affected areas of the body.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Then wash it off using lukewarm water.
5. Egg White
Egg is full of vitamins and nutrients. Egg white helps to tighten your skin and remove the wrinkles. As an added benefit it also cleanses your skin and makes it brighter.
- Take some egg white.
- Apply it over the areas of the skin affected by wrinkles.
- Leave it on till it dries.
- Then massage the affected areas using wet fingers for few minutes before completely washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Mix one tablespoon of milk, one teaspoon of honey, few drops of coconut or olive oil and egg white from one egg.
- Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off.
The combination of almond and milk is an extremely effective one for treating wrinkles. The two most important vitamins for skin are vitamin E and A and almond contains both. Almonds will keep your skin properly hydrated and moisturized which is why wrinkles form in the first place. On the other hand, lactic acid in milk facilitates the renewal of skin as it gently exfoliates it. Milk also acts as a great natural moisturizer.
- Take 8 to 10 almond and soak them in water for 12 hours.
- Peel off the skin and grind it.
- Add enough milk to make it a paste.
- Use this paste on the affected areas or simply cover your entire face with it.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Do this daily till you notice positive results.
- Massaging almond oil into your skin also delays the aging of your skin.
Honey is not a new method for having a flawless skin. It has been used throughout history and also works great as a wrinkle treatment.
- Simply rub some honey on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water but not hot.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey, 4 tablespoons of milk powder and 2 tablespoons of warm water or a bit more.
- Use this paste over the affected areas.
- Soak a small towel in warm water and wring excess water.
- Keep it over the affected areas.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Gently use the towel to remove the paste.
- Then pat dry the affected areas.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon does not only have the ability to lighten your skin tone and reduce the appearance of blemishes, but the high content of citric acid helps to exfoliate the skin, get rid of excess oil and kill bacteria. Its astringent and deep cleansing quality helps to get rid of fine lines, wrinkles and other indicators of aging like dark circles.
- Combine one teaspoon of yoghurt, one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat thrice a week for at least a month to get positive results.
- Cut a fresh lemon and squeeze to extract the juice.
- Apply it on your face or other affected areas using a cotton pad.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Do this thrice a day.
Note: do not expose yourself to the sun after you apply lemon juice because your skin becomes photosensitive and can lead to blemishes and more sunburn. In case, the undiluted lemon doesn’t suit your skin, don’t use lemon directly.
Avocado is packed with anti-aging properties. It is full of monounsaturated fat and vitamin E that helps to get rid of wrinkles fast and it is excellent at moisturizing and hydrating your skin.
- Take half of avocado and make a paste out of it.
- Take two teaspoons of flaxseeds and grind it to powder form.
- Take a bowl and add ground flax seeds, avocado pastes, 2 tablespoons of fresh cream and one tablespoon of honey.
- Mix well to form a paste and apply it over the affected areas.
- Let it stay for an hour.
- Wash it out with lukewarm water.
All forms of fenugreek whether seeds, leaves or oil are good at treating various skin issues and wrinkles is one of them. Fenugreek leaves are packed with minerals and vitamins which the body easily accepts and aids in treating wrinkles and fine lines if used on a regular basis.
- Take some water and boil fenugreek seeds in it.
- Allow it to cool and use this water to wash your face.
- Take a handful of fresh fenugreek leaves and grind it.
- Use this paste over the affected areas of your skin.
- Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
- You can massage the affected areas with fenugreek oil.
Some useful tips
- Sun is the biggest enemy of your skin. Try to avoid exposing your skin to the sun during peak hours.
- Try to get proper sleep as spending sleepless nights as a habit can age you faster than you think.
- Avoid frowning or squinting as it makes your facial muscles work a lot.
- Add vitamin C rich food to your diet.
- Stress can make your skin age at a really fast pace. Learn to manage stress by exercising, walking, yoga or meditation.
- Quit smoking as it can welcome wrinkles earlier than they are supposed to come since it damages the collagen.
Aging is something natural but these easy and simple ways to get rid of wrinkles can certainly slow down the process of skin aging. Allow yourself to look younger for more time.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Understanding the Health Benefits of Rhinoplasty Surgery
In 2019, more than 200,000 American men and women chose to have rhinoplasty surgery. Commonly called a nose job, many…
15 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera You Never Knew
Aloe Vera is more like a miracle plant where you see it growing in the harshest of situations you place…
20 Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has a strong aroma. This healthiest herb can be used as dried, powdered, fresh, juice, oil or pickle form….
15 Health Benefits Of Walking Barefoot On Grass
Sometimes it is very difficult to find time to connect oneself with the Earth when there is so much going…