- 1 What Are Dark Circles?
- 2 What Causes Dark Circles?
- 3 Symptoms Of Dark Circles:
- 4 Treatment Of Dark Circles:
- 5 Can Dark Circles Be Prevented?
- 6 When To See A Doctor?
- 7 Prognosis Of Dark Circles:
What Are Dark Circles?
Dark circles are mostly found beneath eyes but can occur all around eyes too. Anyone at any age can be victimized by these dark circles. It is said and believed as a myth that only sleep deprivation causes dark circles but that is not the case in each and every situation. The fact is something else.
The cause of dark circles isn’t fixed to one reason but many. The causes and treatment of dark circles are not only linked to be handled by dermatologists but also by some general physicians and yourself.
Causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and other things which are related to dark circles can be read in this article. It is a complete guide which will not leave your basic questions about dark circles unanswered.
What Causes Dark Circles?
As mentioned earlier, sleep deprivation is not the only reason of dark circles. It comes with a whole more reasons to its formation. The most common ones are:
There are always some allergic elements which people have. Some are prone to get dark circles around their eyes when they don’t sleep, other have it when they are tensed or have anxiety. There are also cases in which psychological disorders play a vital role.
2. Fatigue and restlessness
Fatigue and restlessness is considered to be the root cause of producing or appearing dark circles. It is believed when you are tired and aren’t taking much care of yourself, working on laptop and tablet for hours and aren’t getting much of sleep, then dark circles appears slowly and steadily.
It is said by dermatologists that the severity of eczema can lead to eyes and when they are not taken care by the help of ointments, certain shadows which are known as dark circles appear around the eyes.
4. Hereditary factor
You really can’t help much with the hereditary factors because, in this case there is no other cause of dark circles. These dark circles are transitory from great grandfathers which end up to your parents and finally being their descends, you become the victim.
5. Irregular pigmentation
Our bodies including yours is accustomed to get pigmentation in various exposed parts of the body. Mostly out of which are on faces. When discolorations happens in patches near the near or around them, they give a feel of dark circles.
6. Messing or rubbing eyes
Whenever you will rub your eyes or mess with them without any reason, fine lines develop around them which later takes form of wrinkles and dark circles. This is seen in most of the teenagers as they are more into rubbing their eyes.
7. Direct exposure to sun
Exposure to sun is good for health as it gives you vitamins but it is bad when you are directly exposed to it. Scorching beams of sun can make you tan with pigmentation. Seeing directly to the sun may affect your eyesight as well as complexion around the eyes.
Pregnancy makes you fatigues, irritating, restless. It also makes you agitate and have bounds of sleepless nights. These all are the causes of dark circles which becomes very visible around your eyes.
9. Unnatural lifestyle
When you don’t breathe normally and are found in air conditioned room for more than a week, then your eyes becomes dry which makes its way to the point where you only rub them. This rubbing leaves marks and ultimately it forms dark circles.
Drinking less than 8 glasses of water is another reason of dark circles.
Symptoms Of Dark Circles:
There are some conditions because of which dark circles takes its course on your skin. They include:
- Sinus can be the leading factor to dark circles.
- Facial ache can also be the symptom of dark circles.
- Headache along with facial pain can be taken as symptom of dark circles.
- Rashes under the eyes.
- Puffiness or swelling under the eye.
- Weakness, irritation and restlessness.
- Allergies and their consequences in the shape of watery eyes and nose, nasal congestion and irritability in nose.
Severe and Serious Symptoms:
There are always some symptoms which you wish not to occur because of the trivial consequences. The severity and seriousness is attached to the following in the case of dark circles:
- Deformation of nose with some sort of bleeding attached to it.
- Warmth and increased temperature on eyes, under eyes or around eyes.
- Immobility or difficulty in moving eyes.
- Rigidity and stiffness is noticed in throat.
- Headache to the maximum degree.
- Burning is felt in the mouth or/and throat.
- Problem in breathing normally or shortness of breathing.
- Swelling is most dangerous especially when it is found in face, lips, mouth or tongue.
- Eyelid puffiness with bruising and even without bruising.
- Constant temperature (above 101 degrees Fahrenheit).
Treatment Of Dark Circles:
Dark circles can be taken care by self-care as well as some medications. In some cases, it is worthwhile to talk to your psychologist.
Dark circles can be taken care by nothing expensive but just self-care. There are ways through which you do that without any hassle. This self-care can also be taken as the means of using home remedies. However, self-help is only possible when you have slight to moderate level of dark circles.
- When you sleep with a thin pillow it doesn’t allow the blood flow everywhere, especially around eyes. For this, you should take a thick pillow or two moderate ones to elevate the head. This will allow the blood to flow everywhere.
- To remove discoloration, you should take a frozen pack of peas and place it on your eyes.
- Sleep for minimum 6 and maximum 9 hours round the clock. When you are deprived of sleep and don’t have much of it, paleness and then darkness covers your eyes.
Twilight light is used for this delicate treatment procedure for the removal of dark circles. If you are into modeling or you make your living through your beauty, then this method of eliminating dark circles is one of the best kinds. It allows you to get instant result. However, eye lids are swollen as a side effect which lasts for maximum ten days.
Creams and medicines:
Stubborn dark circles can be taken help by prescribed ointments, creams and medicines. Mostly, treatment which is linked to medicines are taken care by dermatologists. Creams which have anti-dark spots or dark circles are good for the use too.
Facials and beauty care:
Facials, cleansing, dark circle treatment by the help of known branded products are very helpful in getting the treatment of dark circles. You should take facial once in a month if you have swollen or puffed eyes with dark circles around them. ask your beautician to take care of dark circles by giving a good massage with soft hands.
Home Remedies Of Dark Circle:
Home remedies are the perfect way of DIY and can be used as a medium of treatment through natural ways. Tomato paste, almond oil and other organic ingredients which are found in almost every house becomes the rescuer in eliminating dark circles.
1. Tomato paste
Tomatoes have the anti-bacterial and anti-allergic tendencies which help in producing relief and reducing puffiness around eyes.
- Boil one tomato.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Also add half lime.
- Grind all the ingredients.
- Apply it on your eyes while keeping them closed.
- Let them be there for minimum five minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water.
- Repeat it twice a day every day for 10 days.
2. Potato slices
Discoloration, dark circles and shady patches under the eyes can be removed by one easy home remedy. Potatoes have the bleaching agents which can reduce and then completely removing their traces of dark circles which happen to occur, under the eyes.
- Take a fresh, washed and ripened potato.
- Without peeling, cut them into slices.
- Place it on the closed eyes for about ten minutes.
- Rinse your eyes with cold but clean water.
3. Almond oil
Delicacy which is found near the eyes are usually eliminated by the use of almond, it is one of the best ways to sharpen your eyes brightness. The use of almond oil can help your eyes stay away from dark circles because of vitamin E which is found in abundance.
- Take few drops of almond oil on the tip of your index finger.
- Apply it on closed eyes and massage it well.
- Leave it there for several hours.
- Rinse it off if before applying make-up or even when you feel like.
- Always keep in mind that the best way to let almond oil work on your eyes is when it is applied and massaged well at night time, before going to sleep.
- Repeat the procedure daily for a month.
With the quality of astringent, cucumber helps in fixing dark circles in the easiest way. They also assists in giving revitalizing effect.
- Slice cucumber into few pieces after washing it thoroughly.
- Refrigerate it for an hour or place it in ice for about half an hour.
- Put the slices on the closed eyes for about five minutes.
- Rinse it with water if necessary.
5. Rose water
Rose water has anti-bacterial effect and it helps in soothing swollen eyes.
- Take t tablespoon of rose water in a bowl.
- Dip cotton in it.
- Put its drops in each eye and try to lie down for a while.
Can Dark Circles Be Prevented?
Yes, dark circles can be prevented by following the things mentioned below:
Foundation with supplements:
Foundations comes to safe guard females with SPF which ranges from 6 and 8. The best way to prevent dark circles is to use these foundations and get going with your chores without any fear of being victimized by other females.
Compress dark circles with coldness:
If you want to prevent the dark circles even before their appearance, you should take help from the cold compression technique. It will tighten the blood vessels around the eyes. For this, you need to take a cloth which is neat and clean. Run water on it and squeeze it to the point where water isn’t dripping. Place this cloth on the eyes and let it rest there for 2 minutes. Repeat the procedure for 5 times. This will reduce swelling and dark circles under your eyes.
The use of SPF – Sun Protection Factor is the best way to prevent dark circles. Wear it according to the skin tone before setting out, especially when you are going to be under the direct exposure of sun. SPF 15, 18 and 20 are considered to be the best ranges for different types of users.
Dark circle creams:
Dense eye creams are the ways to prevent dark circles and puffiness under your eyes. Most of the dark circle creams have alpha hydroxy acids which helps reducing wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness and smoothness under and around the eyes.
When To See A Doctor?
It is said to visit your general physician under following condition:
- Discoloration or blackness is observed under one eye.
- If these dark circles don’t go in a month.
- To seek permanent cure by the help of pigmentation treatment.
- Laser therapy.
Prognosis Of Dark Circles:
Dark circles are common in teenagers, old and middle aged people. They can appear in either gender with or without any particular reason. The treatments are easy to follow and can be very low on pocket.
There are some cases in which the treatments may cost a lot. Symptoms are majorly divided into two, common and severe ones. In the situation where they are severe, you have to see doctor otherwise it gets reduced once you apply some do it yourself home remedies.