Knowing how to get rid of crow’s feet becomes important if you don’t want to look aged so soon as crow’s is going to scream out your age to the world.
Crow’s feet, also known as character lines or laughter lines are very prominent signs of aging visible on the skin. Crow’s feet are wrinkles that form around the corner of your eye.
They can even form when you are in your 20s, but they mostly develop between mid to late 30s. This depends on whether you take good care of your skin or not. It shows up later for those who do.
When we start aging, our skin tends to lose its youthful elasticity and that the reason our skin starts sage, drooping or develops fine lines. This happens because with age the body reduces the production of collagen and elastin that keeps our skin elastic and tight.
Other causes of crow’s feet include excessive smoking, excessive sun exposure, frowning, squinting and pollution.
There are some natural ways that gives your skin back the youthful touch to it and helps you get rid of crow’s feet.
1. Eat right
Having an appropriate wrinkle free and skin tightening diet can be extremely helpful.
- Maintain an intake of food rich in antioxidants like olive oil, fish, asparagus, and eggplant.
- Cut down on sugar particularly refined sugar as it destroys collagen and makes your skin lose elasticity causing crow’s feet.
- Eat chocolate but not simply chocolate. Eat dark chocolate that contains very little sugar. Cocoa consists of two plant chemicals catechin and epicatechin which helps to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Keep your weight under check. When you gain weight, you make the skin of your face stretch. If your weight keeps fluctuating, then you are more likely to have crow’s feet.
- Add fresh vegetables and fruits to your diet as it provides your skin with important antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Also, make sure you have amino acids and protein in your diet as they help in keeping your skin youthful by building elastin and collagen.
- Drink loads of pure water daily to maintain the moisture level of your skin needed to keep your skin hydrated and elastic.
Papaya mask is a great way to stop or delay the crow’s feet around eyes from showing up. Papaya is a packed with vitamin C which helps to produce collagen. When the production of collagen (a skin protein) increases, it will automatically rid you of signs of aging whether laughter lines or sagging skin. Papaya also contains an enzyme called papain that that helps to scrape away the dead skin cells and make your skin tight.
- Take a small ripe papaya.
- Mash the papaya pulp with the help of the back of large spoon.
- Add in one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix well and apply this mask on your face.
- Let it stay for few minutes before washing it off with cool water.
- Using this remedy on a regular basis can help you get rid of laughter lines.
- Simply take a piece of raw papaya.
- Gently rub it over your facial skin.
- Leave it on till it dries up.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Honey is packed with skin oriented nutrients which not only prevents but also treats crow’s feet. The huge amount of vitamin A, B6 and C protects the skin from damage and delays skin aging. Organic honey also cleanses the skin deeply.
- Take a bowl and add some organic honey to it.
- Take a clean cotton ball and soak it in honey.
- Apply it around the corner of your eyes.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes till the skin around the eyes absorbs the honey.
- Then wash it off with cold water.
Avocado contains strong antioxidant and antibacterial qualities. It is full of monounsaturated fatty acids that give you youthful and tight skin. Vitamin A delays signs of aging skin while vitamin C gives a toned skin. On the other hand vitamin E and D triggers the production of collagen which then greatly reduces crow’s feet.
- Take one ripe avocado and mash it.
- Apply it over the crow’s feet or simply your entire face.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Repeat once a day daily.
- Combine pulp of ripe avocado and add three teaspoons of sweet almond oil to it.
- Now liberally apply this paste around your eyes.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water.
- Do this every day to get rid of Crow’s feet quickly.
The combination of milk and sweet almond oil is effective for treating crow’s feet. Milk is highly rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) which aids in exfoliating dead skin cells and producing newer tight skin without any wrinkles. Milk also consists of an important component for the skin called glycolic acid. It helps in the production of collagen. On the other hand, almond oil contains copper which facilitates the production of collagen just like milk.
- Take a bowl and add two tablespoons of full fat milk and one teaspoon of sweet almond oil.
- Mix well and soak a clean cotton ball in this mixture.
- Apply it around your eyes and wash it off with cold water after 10 minutes.
- Take a clean washcloth and dip it in milk.
- Apply it around the corner of your eyes.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Drink milk regularly to have healthy skin.
It is no secret that carrot contains strong antioxidants which fight with free radicals that cause damage to your skin. Carrot not just helps you get rid of crow’s feet but also helps eliminate dark circles and dry face. So it is better to use this mixture over the entire face for added benefits than simply around your eyes.
- Take a fresh carrot and wash it properly.
- Blend this carrot to get fresh carrot juice.
- Then add one to two teaspoons of olive oil.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Do this once daily to notice positive results.
7. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is crucial for the health of your skin and extremely useful for treating laughter lines around your eyes. Vitamin E consists of strong antioxidant qualities which easily penetrates into the skin and keep your eye wrinkles from forming again in future.
- To prepare a vitamin E mask, take some fresh green grapes and peel it.
- Then mash these green grapes and add two vitamin E capsules in it.
- Apply this mask over the areas with crow’s feet.
- Do this before going to sleep and wash it off with cold water the next morning.
- Do this daily before going to bed for faster results.
8. Egg White
Egg whites are well capable of fading away those laughter lines owing to an enzyme called lysozyme. This enzyme helps to keep your skin elastic, tight and wrinkle free.
- Take some egg white.
- Apply it over the area around your eyes.
- Leave it on till it dries.
- Then clean it by wiping it off with clean cotton ball soaked in cold water.
- Repeat two times in a week.
- Mix three drops of coconut oil and egg whites from two eggs.
- Apply this mixture on the corner of your eyes.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes so that the skin absorbs it completely
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water
9. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber is an excellent way of getting rid of crow’s feet. Cucumber juice is well known for its skin nourishing qualities. It contains an army of skin friendly minerals and vitamins. They not only hydrate the skin but also help in the production of collagen which tightens your skin and makes it look youthful.
- Take a fresh cucumber.
- Wash and grate it to make a paste.
- Cover the area around your eyes with this paste.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off using cold water.
- Repeat two times daily for two weeks.
- Simply cut thick slices of cucumber.
- Gently rub it around your eyes for few minutes.
- Repeat two times a day.
10. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is not just a great moisturizer and brightener of skin because of the rich content of vitamin E oil. It also contains linoleic acid which repairs damaged skin cells. It produces new skin cells and delays signs of aging whether crow’s feet, sagging skin or fine lines.
- Take few drops of coconut oil on your fingertips and massage the side of your eyes gently.
- Do this daily before you go to bed at night.
- Add coconut to you cooking for added skin benefits.
Apart from following these natural ways to get rid of Crow’s feet, protect yourself from excessive sun exposure. Nothing destroys the collagen in your skin more than the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Wear SPF sunscreen whenever you expose yourself to the sun, quit smoking, exfoliate your skin and moisturize regularly to get rid of Crow’s feet.