Stretch marks are off colored streaks on the skin, which looks unsightly. You should get to know how to get rid of stretch marks to dissolve the unpleasant marks.
Wondering how these stretch marks form? Skin consists of three layers: Epidermis (the outer layer), Dermis (the middle layer) and Hypodermic (the deepest and third layer). The stretch marks begin to form on the middle layer when expansion and contraction takes place in the connective tissues.
When the skin stretches like this, the elastic fibers tear and collagen weakens. In this way, the normal production cycle is disturbed resulting in scars on the middle or top layer. They look pink or red in the beginning but eventually look like thin silver lines.
They are most commonly found on the lower back, buttocks, arms, breasts, thighs and waist. The most common reason for stretch marks is pregnancy. Like spending those nine months with a growing baby inside was not enough that many women also get those stretch marks. However, that’s not the only reason.
Heredity, hormonal changes during puberty, genetic disorder, Cushing Syndrome, Adrenal gland disease, stress certain medications, lotions and creams and extraordinary weight gain or loss are other causes of stretch marks.
There is good news for you. Here are some natural ways to minimize the appearance of stretch marks:
1. Hydrate yourself
Let’s start with the basics. Keeping your body well hydrated is the key to having a good skin as well as a stretch-mark-free skin. Water transports nutrients and oxygen to all parts of the body along with regularly detoxifying your skin pores. This, in turn, maintains the elasticity of the skin that breaks when stretch marks form and keeps the skin supple and smooth.
This is the simplest and easiest way to heal stretch marks. Simply drink 10 glasses of water a day in order to have a well -hydrated body. Make sure you drink one to two glasses of
Try to avoid drinking too much soda, coffee or tea as it dehydrates the body.
Potato contains loads of minerals, proteins, fibers, riboflavin, phosphorous, zinc, iron, thiamine and vitamins which play their role in the growth and repair of skin cell. It is rich in antioxidants that repair the damaged skin. It comes as no surprise that potato juice has been used for stretch mark removal.
- Take a potato and cut thick slices.
- Just pick up one of the slices and start rubbing it over your skin for 10 minutes. Let the starch of the potato be absorbed by the skin.
- As soon as the juice dries up, wash it off.
3. Castor Oil
One of the best ways of stretch mark removal is this wondrous castor oil. Castor oil is an effective treatment for various skin issues like wrinkles, dry skin, sun burn, age spots, dark spots, pimples, fine lines, moles and even stretch marks. It helps to minimize its appearance. Castor oil helps to produce elastin and collagen which helps in the normal stretching of the skin without letting it tear and fixes the damaged skin.
- Simply massage the affected area with a light hand in circular motion.
- Take a clean cloth to wrap around the massaged area for thirty minutes.
- Do this every day for a month for quick results.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has long been known to be good for the skin due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities. The Aloe Vera gel is applied on wounds to heal as the plant’s collagen helps to repair damaged skin. It is the collagen that maintains the youthfulness and elasticity of your skin. This collagen also aids in minimizing fine lines, wrinkles and give you tighter skin. It consists of polysaccharides that regenerate skin cell and eventually helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. The cooling and healing elements of Aloe Vera can help you get the desired results if you use it regularly.
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf.
- Scoop out the aloe gel.
- Directly apply it on the affected area.
- Leave it till it dries.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat every day for a month
- As an alternative, take some aloe Vera gel.
- Add oil of 10 vitamin E capsules and 5 vitamin A capsules.
- Mix well and massage the affected area gently.
- For quick results do this every day for a month.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon is a citric fruit which naturally means that it is going to be acidic. Lemon juice is full of vitamin C also called ascorbic acid that facilitates the production of Collagen. It is collagen that repairs and restores the youthfulness of your skin. This is what makes it so useful for reducing stretch marks along with blemishes, dark spots, acne scars or other types of scars.
- Cut a fresh lemon and squeeze to extract the juice.
- Apply it on the affected areas using a cotton pad.
- Apply it by rubbing in circular motions.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Do this daily for a month.
- Take lemon juice and cucumber juice in equal proportions.
- Mix well and apply it over the affected areas
- Leave it on for few minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil has been used for centuries by people for moisturizing purpose because of its cooling and hydrating nature. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that can treat many skin issues including stretch marks.
- Heat some olive oil till it becomes warm but not hot.
- Apply it over your stretch marks.
- Massage it into your skin till it’s properly absorbed by the skin.
- This will enhance blood circulation and minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
- Do not wash it off as the oil will keep your skin smooth and young.
7. Egg Whites
Who doesn’t want a fairer and smoother skin? Try egg whites! They also treat stretch marks and reduce its appearance that spoils your look. Egg whites owe this healing quality to the rich content of amino acids, proteins and vitamin A which regenerate skin cells effectively. The protein that’s most effective for treating stretch marks is collagen. Both collagen and vitamin A are known for renewing skin cells which effectively treats the stretch marks along with keeping your skin supple and firm.
- Take a bowl and add egg whites of two eggs.
- Whip them well.
- Then either use your fingers or a brush to apply it over the affected areas.
- Allow it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- To moisturize your skin use some olive oil.
- Do this every day to get rid of stretch marks.
Sugar is a great exfoliating agent that helps to get rid of the dead skin and reduce the unpleasant appearance of stretch marks anywhere on your body whether stomach, thighs, buttocks or arms. The small particles of sugar help to scrub and easily exfoliate the skin. It contains alpha hydroxic acid that gives a fresher and younger skin.
- Take a small bowl and add two tablespoons of raw sugar.
- Mix in some almond oil and lemon juice.
- Mix it properly and a rub this mixture on the stretch marks for few minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat every day for a month till the stretch marks fade away.
- It is recommended that you do this before taking a shower every day.
9. Cocoa butter
Did you cocoa butter is known for its anti-aging qualities and facilitates blood circulation which in turn reduces stretch marks. It is also a natural moisturizer which nourishes the skin and keeps it supple. It owes all these qualities to the vitamin E and strong antioxidants that it contains. Antioxidants repair the skin damage and reduce stretch marks.
- Take some cocoa butter and massage the affected area with it. Do this two times a day for few months.
- Take half cup of cocoa butter.
- Add two teaspoons of grated beeswax, one teaspoon of vitamin E oil, one teaspoon of apricot kernel oil and one teaspoon of wheat germ oil.
- Mix well and heat the mixture till the beeswax melts down before use.
- You can keep this mixture in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Massage the affected area with it thrice a day.
- It will keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
We already know that amino acids and proteins keep your skin great. Alfalfa leaves contain just that. It helps to maintain the elasticity and fix the damaged skin treating the stretch marks. It is also antifungal in nature which helps in detoxifying the skin. It also contains vitamin K and E to provide nourishment to the skin. Vitamin E balances out the oxidant effect of free radicals that adversely affects the collagen and remains the major reason for fine lines, wrinkles, dryness and even stretch marks.
- Take some alfalfa powder and add chamomile oil to form a paste.
- Massage this paste over the affected area with a light hand.
- Repeat three times a day for few weeks till you get rid of stretch marks.
These were some of the most effective ways that you can utilize to get rid of stretch marks. Apart from these ways, make sure you keep your skin moisturized at all times and do some physical exercise on a regular basis.
How to Rid Yourself of Stretch Marks Forever
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
15 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera You Never Knew
Aloe Vera is more like a miracle plant where you see it growing in the harshest of situations you place…
20 Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has a strong aroma. This healthiest herb can be used as dried, powdered, fresh, juice, oil or pickle form….
15 Health Benefits Of Walking Barefoot On Grass
Sometimes it is very difficult to find time to connect oneself with the Earth when there is so much going…
15 Health Benefits Of Olive Oil You Never Knew
The most important issue while cooking and preparing meals is to determine what oil is supposed to be the healthiest…