Aloe Vera is more like a miracle plant where you see it growing in the harshest of situations you place it in. I mean it indeed is not a good thing to be doing that with a living thing but Aloe plant is similar to Cactus that grows with minimal care.
Another plus point of the plant is that you simply cut off a leaf and place it in the soil and keep on adding water for a few days, you will end up having another completely healthy Aloe Vera plant.
This plant is a best option for home remedies as it is affordable and is packed with so many beneficial properties that one cannot bring a stop to the list.
Egyptians for centuries has been calling this plant ‘Plant of Immortality’. Why so? Because the natural substances found in this plant are known to have a dozen or more cures for issues related to skin, hair, or even internal problems.
Aloe Vera can be consumed either internally and can also be used topically as skin or hair masks and even as treatments for a number of skin diseases.
Aloe plant is rich in natural substances like positive amino acids, lignins, fatty acids, helpful enzymes and a pack full of minerals and vitamins.
Do some thorough research about Aloe Vera and go for our recommendation when we say that the plant really needs a huge space in your daily and week diets and beauty regimes.
15. Detoxification Of Body
You might as well be in the loop about the latest trend that has been there in the market regarding learning to detoxify your body. Well this trend is not some commercialized aspect of some expensive beauty regime in fact this has been put forth by some serious fitness freaks who have learnt their way into actually getting rid of body fat by helping get rid of the toxins.
Aloe Vera is also a part of this plan and since it is a gel based (gelatinous) food there are more chances for it to pass through the intestinal tract and get rid of all the unnecessary toxins on its way.
- Add a small part of Aloe Vera gel in your smoothies or detox water and consume it daily.
- The toxins will be flushed through the body and the results shall be visible in less than a week.
14. Pumps Up Immune System
It is almost sad to see that we have literally gone far below in terms of combating even the pettiest of diseases. We are often taken down by problems like common cold and flu and we end up being weakened to the core as if we never really had the strength to fight against anything.
All of this is to be blamed on to a weak immune system that doesn’t know what to do with all the negatives in the body. We literally have done nothing to save our immune systems of any external threats.
- Aloe Vera gel is composed to polysaccharides a substance known to boost the level of macrophages commonly termed as white blood cells in the body.
- These macrophages are basically the immune brigade of the body and responsible to combat against viruses.
- Due to high levels of anti-oxidants Aloe is also a great source to reduce the level of unhealthy free radicals in the body.
13. Lessens Inflammation
There are a number of problems that turn out in an increase of inflammation in the affected areas and to get rid of inflammation is often the hardest of all the tasks to be done.
Many over the counter medication do not really turn out to be as effective as one expects them to be and herbal remedies rather slower tend to give far better and prolonged results.
Aloe Vera is jam packed with anti-inflammatory properties and thus has been used as parts of many home remedies to reduce inflammation in cases of:
- Sores and ulcers
- Cuts and wounds
- Radiations and Sun burns
- Skin Abrasions
- Also for bigger issues like, tendinitis, psoriasis.
12. Maintaining The Alkaline Balance
We can bet that almost about half of the world’s population despite being educated has no clue that most of our foods are categorized into groups being acidic, neutral or alkaline. We have been busy eating foods to our heart’s content having no clue that our so called healthy diet can also be having some kind of effects on the chemical composition of the body.
It is known that the rule to have a healthy body is to keep it 80% alkaline and 20% acidic because diseases are known to have a hard time prevailing in an alkaline environment.
Aloe Vera pops right in here with a great alkaline background and helps bring the levels to a great balance.
- Consuming aloe Vera gel as part of a smoothie or even a self made drink with water with give you a great immune boost in the morning.
- This is known to regulate the hydration level within the body.
11. Promotes Healthy Digestion
There are plenty of diseases that are a by-product of the result of poor digestion. Poor digestion is what leads to weight gain and energy drain, as the right and essential parts of the food fails to reach the cells and are rather accumulated in the body in the form of excess fats. When the cells do not get good out of anything they are naturally worn out.
These foods are also often found to be accumulated in the intestines walls and hinder in natural bowel movements resulting in problems like constipation or diarrhea.
- Aloe Vera being a gelatinous plant moves through the intestines and absorbs all kinds of stuff along with it.
- Thus making it easier for the stuff behind to move along with it.
- You may also be benefitted by the tremendous decrease of not so friendly bacteria from the gut.
10. Promotes Weight Loss
Most of these points are considerably connected with each other because even in reality when one of your work goes well it is noticeable that a lot of other things also start to come on track because one way or the other they are all connected to each other.
People often have trouble digesting properly and have slower metabolism rates where they end up getting fat despite all the efforts they put onto their diets. When Aloe Vera helps improve the digestion it also indirectly helps people work towards a better weight number.
- The challenge here is to provide the cells with all the healthy sugar that it needs for energy and then reducing the amount of fats left converted from sugar.
- Aloe Vera promotes healthy transfer of sugar to all the needy cells and keeps you feeling far full for a longer period of time.
9. Cure Dental Problems
Aloe Vera is known for over centuries as a medicinal plant as it bears all kinds of anti-inflammatory, antiviral as well as antimicrobial properties all of which work best towards curing all kinds of diseases.
There are many oral issues that do not have a definitive cure but the pain and the time period of such problems can be visibly reduced after adding Aloe Vera as an important substituent of the remedial regime.
- Either you are going through the pain caused by fever blisters or canker sores, you are advised either ways to have some oral application of aloe Vera in order to soothe and relax the infected areas.
- Aloe Vera gel can be mixed well with water and then can be used just to swish around the mouth to soothe the pain during canker sores.
- Aloe Vera gel can also be used topically for fever blisters, it is known to visibly reduce inflammation as well as the pain.
8. Defining Better Cardiovascular Health
To have a good perspective about life then your cardiovascular health should be the first and the most important goal of every individual because if it isn’t about a healthy heart there won’t be a healthy mind or a body.
Aloe Vera induces a really strong, positive impact on the cardiovascular health.
- It works to balance out cholesterol levels in the body.
- When orally taken it modifies blood’s capabilities to pick up oxygen and regulates the consistency of blood at the same time making it less sticky.
- Thus arteries are far free from any harmful cholesterol than they would be before.
- It is advised to consume aloe Vera in a controlled amount for it helps control blood pressure; it balances cholesterol, regulates healthy circulation of the blood and maintains the right consistency.
7. A Rich Source Of Minerals And Vitamins
Aloe Vera often also advised by many dieticians to be made a part of the diet is recommended because of a huge list of minerals and vitamins that it contains.
Our body often turns out to be less in the energy zone and more tired than the actual work being done.
This is an indicator that our body is basically low on a lot of minerals that are needed to boost those energy levels and provide us with the strength to work it all up.
- The list of vitamins that are present in Aloe Vera is; A, B, C, B1, B2, B3 and B6.
- It is a rich source of Folic acid and Choline.
- One of the very few plants that also contains Vitamin B12.
- While for the minerals there’s, magnesium, zinc, sodium, iron, potassium, manganese while these are just a few mentioned out of all that are present.
6. Fulfilling The Amino Acid Requirements
For novices, amino acids are basically those blocks on which our proteins are built upon. Amino acids thus are the building blocks required for the construction of all kinds of proteins in the body.
There are about 22 different kinds of amino acids and aloe Vera is found to have about 18 of these amino acids thus being a great source to form healthy proteins in the body.
- Along with having amino acids it is also a rich source of healthy fatty acids.
- These important fatty acids include the good cholesterol that is helpful in reducing blood cholesterol levels.
- These when working together, improve the digestive capabilities of the individual and reduces all kinds of allergic symptoms.
5. Combating Cancer
Cancer is one of the most dreaded diseases and the one that also comes along with some of the most painful and draining treatments.
There is a complete cure to the disease when detected at the right time but the cure is so tiring that it actually takes away half the life out from the body.
Aloe Vera the miracle plant even provides a lot of healthy benefits to get back to having a normal life post cancer treatments.
- First of all the plant is known to fight against cancer forming cells because of the presence of polysaccharides. This helps the production of nitric oxide that is known to weaken the tumor causing cells in the body.
- Aloe Vera is also a natural product that helps patients regain their natural body immunity and strength post cancer treatment.
4. Skin Repair
Aloe Vera is now as an avid compound of many cosmetic products because of the known healing properties of the plant. But instead of using it as a part of a cream the best way it is, to use it in its natural form.
Aloe Vera gel when applied on any wounds or cuts is known to heal the affected area quickly. It is also used as a treatment for a number of skin diseases.
- This plant is used in many beauty treatments to even the tone of skin color.
- Prevent skin pigmentation
- And to repair any damaged portion on the skin.
3. Prevents Hair Fall
It is almost terrifying to go through that immense hair fall season, it is like one might lose it all to the bad weather and will end up having either a complete bald head or server bald patches.
Many pregnant women suffer from post delivery hair fall phase and it is actually quite frightening. Aloe Vera is a life saver and this doesn’t fail to provide us with anything less than the best.
- The keratolic abilities of the plant work on the scalp cells and breaks off any of the dead cells that are hindering in the active hair growth of the individual.
- It also gets rid of excessive sebum accumulated on the scalp and stimulates healthy blood flow.
- Not only this, it also balances the fair pH value of the scalp that provides a healthy environment for hair growth.
2. Good For Wrinkles
Women shouldn’t really be waiting for the time when wrinkles actually start appearing on the skin.
It isn’t the way that work has to be done after the signs and symptoms are clearly visible. In fact the work should be done right from the early ages to prevent it from actually appearing on the body.
- Aloe Vera is an excellent skin tightening agent and a lot of women religiously apply the natural gel directly on to the face as a face pack.
- Aloe Vera is packed with Vitamins E and C that are known to work as miracle for the skin.
- The Aloe Vera gel is found to have ways to penetrate into the skin 4 times equivalent to what water can do.
1. Get Rid Of Dandruff
Tired of everyone pointing out that white mill carefully resting at your shoulders? Well yes, dandruff is a nifty thief that steals all the glam off of your hair and makes you feel embarrassed at every good occasion or event there might be.
The technique is to massage in the gel onto the scalp that will not only regulate a healthy blood flow but will also help you get rid of scrapes of dandruff through the massage and the residue will be washed away after the massage, leaving your scalp as fresh as a baby’s.
Aloe Vera Precautions
Though the plant has a therapeutic background of providing all kinds of treatments and cures but there is almost an enough to everything. Intake of Aloe Vera both orally and topically should be carefully monitored in all cases.
- Pregnant women are advised not to take Aloe Vera during pregnancy or women in general during menstruation if they have signs of hemorrhoids or gall bladder degeneration.
- Always go for taking fresh Aloe Vera gel rather than the cosmetic versions available in stores.
- For topical medicinal purposes, like in case of sunburn or a skin infection, use it like a medicine for maximum 14 days and discontinue the use for a good whole month.