Do you have scanty eyebrows and wondering about how to thicken eyebrows? Bigger and fuller eyebrows are running hot these days and everyone wants them.
Everyone isn’t lucky enough to have naturally fuller eyebrows that allow you to shape, tweeze and pluck it more easily. It gives you the freedom to shape it in whatever way you like. Thick eyebrows even shed so many years from your face. It is no wonder celebrities and models have been wearing it.
The pace at which hair grows may be different for different people depending on the type of hair they have and even their diet. Frequent threading, waxing and plucking can leave your brows with lesser hair. We then resort to pencil and gel fillers for the brow. At times, thin eyebrows are simply a part of aging, poor cosmetic application, poor diet and even medical conditions like eczema.
You don’t have to empty your pockets with expensive treatments and serums when natural ways to thicken eyebrows can do just the job. Here are some top growth potions and handy tips for your thicker, longer and fuller eyebrows.
1. Castor Oil
If your eyebrows have been subjected to waxing or over-plucking, castor oil particularly Jamaican black castor oil tops the hair growth list. It is home to a great number of proteins, antioxidants, vitamins and fatty acids needed for providing nourishment to hair and helping it grow fast. It also fights away any micro-organism that comes in the way of hair growth.
- Clean out the eyebrow region with warm water.
- Soak a cotton swab with castor oil
- Apply it over your eyebrows.
- Massage your brows for 2 to 3 minutes with your fingertips.
- Do this before you sleep and leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off the next morning using lukewarm water.
- Black castor oil is excellent for growing hair naturally.
- Follow this remedy every day.
Warning: if you feel any irritation or burning sensation, quit using it instantly.
2. Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly is a great moisturizer that is recommended for healthy and strong hair growth. You can apply petroleum jelly after you do your everyday facial cleansing routine at night. What petroleum jelly does is lock the moisture in the hair follicles of the eyebrows helping it to become thicker. It is the petrolatum compound in petroleum jelly that doesn’t let the moisture go away.
- Wash your face and dry it.
- Now apply petroleum jelly with the help of cotton swab.
- For better results leave it overnight.
- Do this daily two times a day.
3. Onion juice
Onion juice is highly effective for growing out thicker hair fast. Onion juice owes this quality to C vitamins, B vitamins, minerals, selenium and sulfur that it contains. Together they help to make the eyebrow hair follicles faster. Sulfur, in particular helps to produce collagen tissues necessary for growing healthy eyebrows.
- Take a small onion and grind it to extract the juice.
- Massage your eyebrows with this juice for 6 minutes.
- Let it dry naturally before washing it off using a mild cleanser and clean water.
- Do this every day for at least a month.
Exfoliation is a great way to help the hair strands of eyebrows surface up. Dead skin cells may come in the way of hair growing out. Exfoliation doesn’t just scrape away the dead skin present in the eyebrow region but it also stimulates hair growth and improves blood circulation in the brow area. Sugar scrub happens to be the best to serve the purpose of attaining thicker eyebrows.
- Take a soft brush and scrub the eyebrow area with a light hand in circular motion. If you want, you can utilize your face scrub brush for the purpose.
- Wash your skin with warm water.
- Now massage your eyebrows with coconut oil or olive oil to further enhance the procedure.
5. Egg Yolk
We all know that egg yolk is a rich source of protein and hair is all protein too. You must have probably heard of a keratin treatment for hair. Keratin is a primary ingredient of many hair growth supplements and egg yolk naturally contains protein that is very much like keratin protein that makes up the eyebrow hair.
- Break an egg and take out the yolk.
- Beat the yolk till it becomes thick.
- Apply egg yolk on your eyebrows with the help of cotton swab.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash if off using cold water.
- Repeat once or twice a week for faster results.
6. Brow friendly diet
The diet we take not only affects our internal organs but also our outward appearance. When you take a healthy diet, it not only gives you fuller, thicker and longer eyebrows but also healthy hair. Make sure you take in food that gives your hair the much need nourishment and keratin protein needed for healthy hair growth. Wondering what kind of diet to take for growing eyebrows naturally? Here are some of the things you should definitely have in your diet if you want to grow thicker eyebrows.
- Take in food rich in Biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin that keeps your scalp healthy and facilitates growth of hair. It serves as a natural treatment for brittle and scanty hair. Some of the richest sources of biotin are almonds, peanuts, leafy vegetables, salmon and avocados.
- To have optimal growth of eyebrows and eyelashes, taking the daily recommended amount of vitamin B, C, E and D is extremely important. Make sure you eat food packed with vitamin B3 in particular like chicken, lean red meat, tuna and liver. Vitamin C is naturally found in citrus fruits, broccoli, peppers and papaya. Spinach, olives and almonds are a great source of vitamin E.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, olive oil, walnuts, avocados.
- If you happen to be deficient in nutrients, then consult a doctor and start taking multivitamins.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil works as a perfect conditioner for your brows, giving you the bold brows that you want. Coconut oil contains natural proteins that keep the brow hair from breaking. It also contains iron and vitamin E oil that give your darker and fuller eyebrows. It not only moisturizes your brow, but also stimulates blood circulation. Coconut oil is antibacterial in nature fighting off any infection and even eyebrow dandruff that makes your hair brittle and fall off.
- Clean your eyebrow area.
- Soak a cotton swab in coconut oil.
- Apply it over your brow particularly the area where there is less hair.
- Massage with a light hand for 5 minutes to improve blood circulation and help it absorb completely.
- Let it stay overnight and wash it off the next morning.
- Repeat for at least a month to get thicker eyebrows.
8. Almond Oil Extract
Almond oil is an effective eyebrow growth treatment as it is packed with potassium, magnesium, essential fatty acids and vitamin E. It makes the skin of the eyebrow region soft which helps new hair to grow and minimize any kind of inflammation.
- Take a little almond oil extract and mix some linseed oil.
- Take a clean cotton swab and soak in it.
- Generously apply it over your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for 2 minutes.
- Apply a little more oil mixture and massage with a light hand.
- Repeat every day before going to bed to get thicker brows.
You can also use vitamin E oil in place of almond oil as it also helps to condition and strengthen hair follicles of the eyebrows.
9. Fenugreek seeds
Home to nicotinic acid, lecithin and proteins, fenugreek seeds are just perfect for facilitating growth of hair. Lecithin in particular provides shine to your eyebrow hair.
- Take a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and soak it in water.
- Leave it for 5 hours.
- Grind these soaked seeds and turn them into paste.
- Add some almond oil to the paste and mix properly.
- Apply the paste over your eyebrows before going to sleep.
- Let it stay overnight and wash it off the next morning.
- Repeat twice or thrice a week and continue for 2 months.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known to contain keratin along with enzymes that naturally moisturize your hair follicles, which keeps the hair from breaking and maintains its elasticity. This will grow out more hairs if you have sparse or thin eyebrows making it thicker, longer and fuller.
- Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and cut it open to extract Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply this gel on your eyebrows.
- Massage your eyebrows with it with a light hand.
- Let it stay for half an hour before washing it with lukewarm water.
Some useful suggestions!
Here are some useful suggestions to attain thicker and fuller eyebrows:
- Give your eyebrows a break- put a stop to over-plucking your eyebrows and lay your hand low on the tweezers. Don’t pluck out so much hair that your eyebrows become a mere thin line hair for which you need a pencil to fill in. Waxing too often also results in less hair on your eyebrows.
- Sleep well- make sure you sleep a minimum of 6 hours if you want your eyebrows to grow thicker quickly. Proper sleep is needed for not only good hairs but also remain healthy on the whole.
- Say no to a lot of makeup-Too much makeup can make you end up with lesser hair on your eyebrows. Don’t do a lot of brow makeup like eyebrow pencils and gels. Opt for gentle tints and softer pencils and don’t use them every day if you want to grow eyebrows back. When you use eyebrow pencil, do not press your eyebrows too much as it can easily make your eyebrow hair fall off. Also, avoid brow hair dye as it contains loads of strong chemicals that make your brow hair fall off.
- Comb your brow hair- combing your brow hair after every 3 days with a soft brush enhances blood flow to the eyebrow region providing the hair follicles with the much-needed nutrients. It also helps to spread out the natural oils that condition your brow hair.
- Keep yourself hydrated- Hydration is the key to a lot of things including good hair. When you drink loads of water, you naturally detox your body flushing out the toxins that might make your eyebrow hair brittle and fall off.
- Use eyebrow serum– Eyebrow growth serum is a great product that is home to peptides that make the eyebrow thicker fast. They are easily available at drugstores. Some of the serums that you can try are Rapid Lash Eyelash and Eyebrow Renewal Serum and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum.
- Keep your eyebrows moisturized- when you don’t keep your eyebrows moisturized, you allow dandruff to live in your brows. They make your brow hair brittle and fall off. You can use lotion on your brows and rather than stroking, simply press it many to allow it to be absorbed. This way you prevent hair fall. Do not apply the regular body lotions and creams as it clogs the hair follicles. Use lotions meant for eyebrows or Vaseline.
- Try eyebrow powder-If you are someone who has been plucking eyebrows since years, eyebrow powder can be extremely effective for you. It is a great hair growth product that conditions your brow and adds volume to it. One great eyebrow powder is Latisse Eyelash and Brow Growth Serum.
- Reduce stress- stress can not only destroy your health in general, but make your hair fall off really quick whether on your head or eyebrows. Minimize stress by exercising regularly, yoga or meditation.
- Hands off- Do not rub or scratch your eyebrows too much simply out of habit. Keep your hands away if you want to make them fuller and thicker.
It might take different amount of time for different upon trying these natural ways. Persistence and patience is highly needed for growing out eyebrows. Once you grow them back, take the help of a professional to get them properly shaped and look your best.