What is dandruff? Isn’t it something which we all are worried about? What makes it occur and how it can be treated are some questions which would solve the mystery. According to dermatologists and research, it has to be something which appears on scalp. It makes scalp dry and itchy. This can also lead to a skin ailment which is known as Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Other medical conditions which may be the next level of dandruff can be eczema. Dandruff can be treated by shampoos which contain zinc pyrithione. However, at times these shampoos aggravates condition because of the high proportion of nutrients which may not work efficiently.
Dandruff may cause itchiness, irritability, soreness of skin and crust on skin. To blot out this frustrating and bizarre skin condition, we have worked on the findings of home remedies. In this article you will come across many ways to eliminate dandruff. Some of them include the use of apple cider vinegar, Indian lilac, olive oil and baking soda.
1. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac is also called Neem. As name suggests it is an Indian plant which works as a herb in many cases. It is rich in antifungal properties which helps in protecting your skin from fungus. Neem or Indian lilac also has potential to kill bacteria because of its antibacterial characteristics. So, in short it works on dandruff and strengthens skin.
- Take five to six cups of water and put it to boil.
- Also add in a bunch of Indian lilac leafs.
- Let it simmer in it.
- After 10 to 12 minutes turn the stove off.
- Strain it.
- Use this water to rinse shampoo.
- Daily use can do wonders.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is identified for its calming and soothing nature. It also kills itchiness which leads to the forming of crusts on the scalp. With aloe Vera you can kill itchiness and dandruff itself.
- Scoop out pulp from aloe Vera leaf.
- The gel should be one heap teaspoon.
- Massage onto your scalp.
- Rinse it off after ten minutes.
- Doing it every day will lower the possibility of getting dandruff again.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known for its antibacterial, soothing, antiseptic and Antifungal properties. This is not only good for any specific ailment but for several diseases.
- In a mug used in washroom for bathing purpose, pour 250 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- Fill the remaining mug with water and stir it well.
- Take a bucket and fill it up with water and add the diluted vinegar in it.
- After shampooing your hair, rinse your head with the water in the bucket.
- It will keep your hair strong and free from dandruff.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda comes in a perfect package of exfoliating agent along with properties of absorbing oil from the scalp which is another cause of dandruff. This remedy is supposed to be done before shampooing your hair.
- First of all wet your hair completely.
- Now, take some baking soda on your palm and massage it on the roots of the hair and scalp.
- After this you simply need to wash your hair with the help of shampoo.
- Rinse off shampoo from your head.
- Repeat it thrice on alternative days for best results.
5. Olive Oil
Olive oil keeps your scalp moist, hydrated and smooth. It helps in eliminating dandruff too. It is believed to be used in strengthening hair and helping to grow them out as well.
- Pour few drops of olive oil in a bowl.
- Heat it in microwave for less than a minute. Around 40 seconds will be good enough.
- Take some oil on the finger tips and massage it thoroughly.
- Wear a scarf and let it sit in your head for minimum 5 to 8 hours.
- Follow regular shampooing and conditioning the next morning or after 5 to 8 hours.
- Repeat it on alternative basis.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Since tea tree oil has enough properties to take care of fungus, it is said and believed to be one of the best ways to get rid of dandruff.
- The best solution to work against dandruff is by mixing one drop of essential tea tree oil in each ounce.
- Wash your hair the way you do.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it on an alternative basis.
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the oldest home remedy to get rid of dandruff. It has some qualities which eliminates dandruff within ten days of constant use.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Warm it in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Divide your hair in 5 to 6 portions.
- Rub coconut oil on each strand, beginning from scalp to the end.
- Wash your hair after 4 hours.
- Repeat it daily for best results.
Aspirin has salicylic acid which is used in almost every antidandruff shampoos. To use this you simply have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Crush and make powder of 2 aspirin tablets.
- Add them in two ounce of shampoo.
- Wash and rinse your hair as you normally do.
- Repeat it on an alternative basis.
9. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds help prevent dandruff which is major cause of frustration. These seeds have antifungal qualities.
- First of all you need to make powder of these seeds. So what you will do is to soak 2 tablespoons of these seeds for 12 to 14 hours in a half cup of water. After that it will be easy to grind them.
- Massage the paste on the scalp and let it be there for an hour.
- Wash your head with shampoo and rinse it with water.
- Repeat it twice in a week for better outcome.
10. White Vinegar
White vinegar also has some possessions which help in preventing dandruff.
- Fill 250 ml white vinegar in a container with small nozzle.
- Apply it straight on your scalp and massage well. Make sure that your eyes are tightly closed and the vinegar doesn’t contact them.
- Rinse it with water.
- Now do regular shampoo.
- Repeat it twice in a week.
11. Lemon Juice
Lemon is said to have acids which work against dandruff. This is one of the easiest and convenient way to eradicate dandruff.
- Refrigerate lemons for few hours.
- Cut one lemon at a time and remove its seeds.
- Rub it nicely on your scalp.
- Squeeze its juice all the way through scalp, roots and tip of the hair.
- Let it sit for an hour or two.
- Wash your hair like you normally do.
- Repeat it daily for a week.
12. Yogurt and Egg
Yogurt can also help in eliminating dandruff. How? Follow the steps below:
- Wet your hair and apply yogurt on the scalp.
- Let it sit there for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off and the shampoo your hair.
- Wash shampoo off by the help of water.