Constipation, a medical condition which comes along a set pattern. People who stay constipated are found restless, fatigued, depressed and even sleepless. Some of these symptoms can lead to risk as they can be the cause of colon cancer.
It is necessary to visit doctor if treatment doesn’t help or the patient undergoes certain symptoms which are life threatening.
In this article you will get to know various types of home remedies for constipation. Some of them are practiced all over the world. However, others which may include use of figs, flax seeds and ginger tea are said to be followed mainly in Asia.
Here are the top 10 Home Remedies for Constipation.
Lemons have tendency to tame bowel movements and soften stool. Its juice can regulate pooping habits. Lemons or lime have same potentials and both are equally effective.
- Squeeze half lime or one lemon in a glass.
- Fill the glass with room temperature water.
- Add in a pinch of salt.
- To enhance flavor, you can also add half teaspoon of honey or sugar.
- Stir and enjoy the drink.
- Have it twice in a day to cut down constipation’s frequency.
2. Fennel Seeds
Constipation can be very annoying and cause less bowel movements, irritability to digestive system, colic pains and stomach ache. Fennel seeds are taken with the conviction power to settle systematic movements to help in passing stool. It also reduces colic pains and abdominal pains.
- Take a table spoon of fennel seeds and roast them in a wok.
- Once they are roasted into perfect brownish color, grind them nicely.
- Sieve them and close them in a jar.
- Have one pinch of it early in the morning right before taking breakfast.
- You can have water if you feel like.
- Regular use of it will kill constipation from its root.
Utilization and usage of figs in any form can lower the frequency of constipation. It fits well for chronic, mild, regular or casual constipation. The reason it is so effective is because of the fiber it carries. Its skin is enriched with properties which helps in stubborn constipation occurrences.
- Soak 2 figs overnight.
- Grind and make its shake by adding half teaspoon of sugar, a pinch of salt and a cup of water.
- Drink it every day in the morning.
- Consistent intake of this drink will help prevent constipation in long term.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one substance for almost all medical conditions. It fits in so well that people use it internationally. Why it is so? Because, it contains bicarbonate which helps reduce gastric issues. It functions to prevent constipation of all kind.
- In a cup of distilled and clean water add a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Gulp it down your throat as fast as you can.
- Be careful and don’t choke yourself.
- In the start it may seem difficult to drink it but after few days you will be fine with it.
- Take it every day in the morning.
We all know that honey is a natural substance which has many properties. Those qualities include antibacterial, antiseptic and Antifungal possessions. But how it actually helps constipation? Well, it has the potential to control bowel movements and to act as an agent to work on gas.
- Warm a cup of water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey in it.
- To bring taste include few drops of lime and a pinch of salt too.
- Stir it well and sip it all the way to its end.
- Having it every day will lessen the regularity of constipation.
6. Flax Seed
Fiber and good fatty acids (Omega 3 fatty acids) are best for constipation. Fortunately, we have flax seeds which have same possessions.
- Grind flax seeds into fine powder.
- Gulp a pinch of it every morning with the help of water.
- You can also soak a teaspoon of flax seed in a cup of water.
- Make sure it is drenched for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drink it before going to bed.
- Repeat it without any interval for a month or more.
This fruit has abundance of fiber which can soften stool and reduce abdominal pains. Grapes are tasty as well as filled with abilities to work on different medical conditions and diseases.
- Take a bunch of grapes, wash and put it in a grinder.
- A tablespoon of sugar will suffice for 10 to 12 grapes.
- Add chilled water.
- Grind it well and have it at least once in a day, every day.
- Repeat till you have constipation.
- Too much use of it can cause diarrhea.
This veggie has large quantity of iron and other nutrients which stimulates perfectly. Well known for constipated people. Raw spinach has more benefits as compared to cooked one.
- Chop lettuce, iceberg salad leafs, spinach, coriander and mint leafs.
- Squeeze lemon to add flavor.
- Also add in some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Have this green salad once in 24 hours.
9. Fish Oil
Gastrointestinal tracts function well when we supplement it with cord- liver oil. Fish oil also works as laxative which does miracles for constipation.
- Buy fish liver oil in the shape of capsules.
- Have one capsule daily preferably in the morning.
- Regularity matters. Take it every day till you face any problem.
10. Water Intake
Water intake keeps one hydrated. It also works well on constipated people. You must following tips related to water which are mentioned below:
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water.
- Drink water before and not during having meals.
- If you are constipated, drink half glass of water after every hour.
- Science has revealed the fact that you may have kidney issues if you have water while standing.
All these home remedies have excellent feedback from people who try them. You should also try and let us know if they helped in any way.