Food poisoning is a condition in which the patient or person who is effected gets many bounds of vomiting and diarrhea. The mechanism of bowel system gets weak. There are people who are more prone to food poisoning and the reason is mostly related to food which they eat. The bacteria which causes food poisoning is usually stimulated through food which doesn’t get consumed.
This medical and health related condition is also taken as disease in few points. Food poisoning gets really tacky and irritating. It can be formed in any stage of processing of food. What causes food poisoning is at times hard to answer as it can take place by bacteria, virus and even parasitic agents.
In this article, you will get to read about home remedies for food poisoning which includes drinking lime soda, having yogurt with fenugreek seeds and consuming herbal tea. We have gathered ten common home remedies for food poisoning which will help you get better.
Water does miracles and helps in dealing with almost every health condition. You should drink at least three glasses of water before taking meals.
- Add flavor so that you can have more of it.
- You can also have it in the form of ice tea.
The real purpose of the home remedies is to help you in reducing the uncomfortable and uneasy feeling which you experience in the course of food poisoning. Hope the remedies will work for you and you will get help from it.
2. Honey and ginger drink
Ginger is said to be the best herb for many health related issues. Those conditions or issues may be something which you experience often. Do following to make a paste to help you reduce and finally eliminate heartburn.
- Take one tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Add crushed or grated ginger (about 2 inches) in honey.
- Mix it well and have it in one go or in portions.
3. Cumin seeds
Cumin seeds are normally found in every desi house. It serves as the agent of releasing abdominal displeasure which is brought up by food poisoning. Do following to make yourself at ease:
- Take a pinch of cumin seeds.
- Gulp it down your throat by the help of water.
Repeat as per the need.
4. Basil tea
Micro orgasms are fought by basil leaves which gives room for the abdominal comfortability. However, the usage of basil leafs is not limited to one particular way. You can make herbal tea out of it and can even have it with honey and salt. Here is the recipe of making herbal tea:
- Bring a cup of water to boil.
- Once it is at peak of boiling, add a bunch of basil leafs.
- Let it rest there for one to two minutes.
- Take it out in a cup and add honey (as per your taste).
- Have this drink once in a day or after every meals as a preventive measure for food poisoning.
5. Apple cider vinegar
This is one of the solutions for many common ailments. It does miracles which are not even expected from it. Apple cider vinegar helps in eliminating food poisoning from its root because it has the properties of dealing with gastrointestinal layer. Here is what you need to do in order to treat food poisoning:
- Take a glass of water.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink it before having your meals.
P.S: If you are prone to acidity and have food poisoning then it is a tip which might hinder and play against your condition.
6. Milk with ice cubes
Milk contains relaxing agents which makes you feel lighter and works well on food poisoning. You can do following to make yourself at ease:
- Take a glass of milk, preferably cold.
- Add ice cubes as per need. Three to four are ideal.
- Add flavor of your choice (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, etc.)
- Stir it well. Add sugar if you want it a bit more sweet.
- Have the drink whenever you have heartburn.
P.S: Consult your doctor before drinking it if you have any allergy relater to dairy products.
7. Lemonade or lemon juice
Lemon is the best detoxifying agent which does wonders on food poisoning condition. You can have it in the form of drink which you can make by following the steps below or just having its juice.
- Take a glass of chilled water.
- Squeeze half or one lemon in the glass of water.
- Add a table spoon of sugar in it and mix it well.
- Enjoy the drink and have it whenever you have heartburn.
P.S: don’t consume it if you have acidity issue.
8. Yogurt and fenugreek seeds
As we all know that yogurt has some agents and properties which kills bacteria, this work well with food poisoning remedy. However, fenugreek seeds helps in comforting stomach. The combination is simply awesome. Try this by following the tips below:
- Take three table spoons of plain yogurt.
- Add equal quantity of fenugreek seeds.
- Mix them.
- Swallow the mixture, one teaspoon at a time.
- Take it after meals to avoid discomfort caused by food poisoning.
9. Mint tea
Food poisoning along with many other health ailments, can be treated by this herbal tea which is made by mint. This is how you can make the tea:
- Take a cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add few leafs of mint.
- Add one teaspoon of honey in it.
- Drink it before having meals to reduce the inflammation in stomach caused by food poisoning.
10. Fresh bananas
Banana has potassium and digestive quality which assists in getting rid of food poisoning. It helps in stopping diarrhea and nausea in a natural way.
- Take a banana and cut it into pieces.
- Add those pieces in a cup of milk and half cup of water.
- Also add 2 tablespoons of sugar in it.
- Mix it well in a grinder.
- Have the drink, banana milk shake after meals.
You can also have banana without making any drink out of it.