Vomiting is a common problem faced by both children and adults at different stages of life. Vomiting can be defined as a natural reflux of an individual’s body as a response towards some specific diseases or conditions in the body. Vomiting causes a forceful expulsion of contents inside our stomach which is a result of contracting of stomach. It can be called a process of our body to expel the dangerous substances from our stomach that can cause irritation.
Vomiting cannot be called a disease but we can say that a variety of disorders and diseases can cause vomiting. The major causes of vomiting are over eating, period of pregnancy, food poisoning, gastroenteritis, too much drinking of alcohol, stomach flu, motion sickness and emotional stress.
Vomiting is not a worrisome issue and does not require any special medication or treatment from the doctors. There are plenty of home remedies available that can cure vomiting without any visit to the doctor. Such remedies may include ginger, onion juice and mint etc.
The major symptoms of vomiting are: dizziness, high amount of saliva in the mouth, increase in the heart beat and fluctuations in the body temperature. There are many ways to treat vomiting. Some are though the help of medical assistance and others are linked to home remedies. Ginger, rice water and fennel seeds are approved medically to significantly help in getting rid of vomiting.
Ginger is highly beneficial for our digestive system and it works as a natural anti-emetic that can prevent vomiting.
- Take out one teaspoon of ginger juice.
- Mix it with lemon juice.
- Drink it several times in a day.
- You can also drink ginger tea by mixing some honey.
- And also can try it with slices of fresh ginger along with it.
- Regular intake will lessen the problem speedily.
Mint tea is highly effective in giving relief from vomiting especially in the scenario when it is caused due to stomach problem. It has anti-inflammatory qualities along with menthol. These two agents’ helps in maintaining soothing affect which deodorizes vomiting or similar condition.
- In a cup of hot water, add only one teaspoon of dried mint leave.
- Leave it for about 5 -10 minutes.
- Drink the delicious drink.
- To make it tastier, you can add half teaspoon of sugar or raw honey.
- Want to make it more enjoyable? Include a pinch of salt.
- Don’t forget to stir it well before consuming the drink.
- Vomiting can also be treated by just chewing mint leaves.
- You can also make a solution by:
– Mixing one teaspoon of mint juice
– One tablespoon of honey
– A teaspoon of lemon juice.
– Drinking this solution three times a day can be very effective.
3. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds assist in easing nausea and helps in digestion of food. Some anti-microbial properties present in fennel can aid in prevention and treatment of stomach flu which can be cause of your vomiting.
- Grind one tablespoon of funnel seeds.
- Add it in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, drink the tea twice a day.
- Vomiting can also be treated by just chewing one teaspoon of fennel seeds.
Cumin is proved to be one of the best and easy remedies for the problem of vomiting. Cumin stimulates the secretion of our pancreatic enzymes. It is also very helpful in the feeling of queasy which is mainly caused by our digestive problems.
- Take one teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Add them into glass of hot water.
- Drink it.
- Boil a mug of water.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Also include little of nutmeg in boiled water.
- Allow it to get steep before drinking.
- You can also add a little bit of cumin powder with some cardamom powder along with a teaspoon honey and consume it slowly few times a day.
5. Rice Water
Rice water is very useful in curing vomiting mainly in the cases when gastritis is the cause of vomiting. While you are preparing rice water, take care of the fact that white rice are more useful than brown as white rice are more easier to digest and are full of starch.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Upon boiling add a cup of rice which are already soaked for half an hour in a separate bowl.
- Include it in the boiling water. Don’t strain water from the soaked rice.
- Now, strain water after 10 minutes preferably in a glass.
Let the solution strain and then drink it.
6. Onion Juice
Onion juice is cure for many problems and vomiting is one of those.
- Take one tablespoon of grinded ginger.
- Also take one table spoon of onion juice (the thick substance from the onion, it is not juice. Also known as pulp).
- Mix both of them.
- Drink them several times in a day for preventing vomiting to occur.
- Mix onion juice with peppermint which also proves to be helpful if taken several times a day.
Crackers are the simplest home remedy for treating vomiting.
- Eat a lot of crackers for a long period of time to stop vomiting to occur again.
- Take any cheese cracker or plain cracker.
- Spread jam or butter on it.
- Have it with or without tea.
Vinegar is also a good home remedy for easing the queasy feeling. Vinegar helps in detoxification and calms our stomach so that vomiting can be prevented. Vinegar is also a source of treating food poisoning that causes vomiting.
- Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Then mix it with one tablespoon of honey in a cup of water.
- Drink it repeatedly in a day.
P.S: Smell of vomiting is also a source of more vomiting. To help yourself with that, wash your mouth with about one diluted teaspoon of vinegar.
Cinnamon aids in calming the stomach and is remedy for digestive problems such as vomiting.
- Take a glass of boiling water.
- Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder in it.
- Simple cinnamon stick can also be used in case powder is available.
- Let the mixture steep for some time.
- In the end, add one tablespoon of honey in it.
- Take sips slowly.
P.S: Pregnant women should avoid this remedy.
Cloves have properties of soothing that assists in digestion and treats vomiting. Coves are also very effective in curing vomiting caused by gastric irritability.
- You can chew some amount of cloves.
- You can use cloves for make tea for curing vomiting.
– Take a cup of water and put it to boil.
– Once it is boiled, add two cloves.
– Let it seep in for 5 minutes.
– Strain the water into a cup.
– Add sugar or honey according to taste and sip it slowly.
- You can also mix some honey with fried cloves and eat it.
– Take two or three cloves.
– Place it in one drop of oil.
– Let it change its color or puff it a bit.
– Remove cloves.
– Add in some honey, let’s say around a tea spoon.
– Mix and chew it slowly.
11. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a source of many vitamins and minerals that cure vomiting with only a single cup. Proteins, Vitamin C, magnesium, vitamin B, Calcium and many other nutrients are present in lemon juice for boosting our energy that is lost due to vomiting.
- Drink lemon juice several times a day for curing and preventing vomiting.
– To make a perfect lemonade, squeeze one big lime in a glass.
– Make sure that all the seeds are removed.
– Try to use fresh lime or lemon. Readily available lemon juice will not give you the exact energy because they have preservatives added in it.
– Add in some castor sugar which is easy to dissolve.
– Enjoy the lemonade and get yourself rid from vomiting.
The aniseed’s are helpful for many diseases and curing vomiting instantly is one of them. It assists in digestion and also cures nausea if taken in high dose.
- Take half tablespoon of aniseed’s.
- Add them in a cup of boiling water.
- Let it steep for 10-12 minutes.
- Drink this solution as it is not like a herbal tea.
- Another remedy is to just chew about one tablespoon of aniseed’s as they provide quick relief from vomiting.
All these home remedies function well in your body. They don’t have any side effect. However, certain care is important to be taken before its use only under the following conditions:
- You are pregnant.
- Have any serious health issue.
- Cannot digest any particular substance, fruit or mixture.
In all the conditions, it is better to consult your doctor if vomiting and nausea persists for more than a week. The condition in this case can be a direct link to any other health concern. In order to keep yourself fit and healthy it is important to be vigilant in occurrences before and after the use of any home remedy.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
19 Health Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Research has shown that things beneficial for the heart are usually good for the brain, as our brain needs active…
Understanding the Health Benefits of Rhinoplasty Surgery
In 2019, more than 200,000 American men and women chose to have rhinoplasty surgery. Commonly called a nose job, many…
15 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera You Never Knew
Aloe Vera is more like a miracle plant where you see it growing in the harshest of situations you place…
20 Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has a strong aroma. This healthiest herb can be used as dried, powdered, fresh, juice, oil or pickle form….