19 Healthiest Foods in The World You Probably Never Considered
Healthy foods are the ones which are excellent disease fighters and amazing energy boosters. Fish, blue berries and broccoli are some of the known healthy and super foods. Experts have now included these relatively unknown super foods among the healthiest foods in the world.
19. Goat Cheese
Although goat cheese may feel like an indulgence but did you know it has the least amount of fats as compared to any other cheese? It is rich in proteins, iron and calcium and also increases the ability to absorb iron from the foods you eat. Both goat cheese and milk are more beneficial for your bones. It is low in cholesterol and packed with sodium.
- You could try spreading it on your bread or substitute it in any of the sandwiches.
- When you splurge on this delicacy remember how good eating for pleasure feels.
The favorite movie time snack has become one of nutritionist’s favorite snacks recently. However, before we go into any further details about why pop corn is so good for you; remember, we are not talking about caramelized or butter laden varieties that you get at the theatre, but the air popped pop corn which you can make at home. It is a rich source of dietary fiber and extremely low in calories.
- Just get the kernel pops from the supermarket instead of the flavored pop corn and you can make it either on stove or in the microwave. When making it on stove instead of putting butter, try using some parmesan cheese.
- Did you know one cup of air-popped pop corn has zero fat, zero cholesterol, 31 calories, very low carbohydrates and sugars and 1 mg each of sodium and protein?
By now you must’ve come across numerous benefits of the coconut oil but did you know the fruit itself is also one of nature’s gifts. It is not only rich in taste but also nutrients. It is a rich source of potassium which decreases the risk of high blood pressure and strokes. Coconut water is also very beneficial but off course does not have the same nutritional value as the fruit itself. Some research even suggests that adding some coconut water to cooked rice reduces its caloric content.
- Shredded coconut provides you with sodium, proteins, dietary fiber, natural sugars and the healthy fats.
- You can use coconut in shredded form, just sprinkle some over your smoothies and salads or even use it in making gravies.
- You can even have the fruit in slices, since it has a high water content it is a great snack to have post work out.
16. Grass-Fed Beef
Hey here is the good news. Not all beef is bad for you. If you look for grass-fed beef which might be a little hard to find but by going for this you are really benefiting yourself in a number of ways. Lean grass-fed beef is a rich source of protein which is essential for muscle growth. There is nothing complicated or different about it; you can cook it just like you would cook any other meet.
- Grass-fed beef is packed with the good fat and omega-3 fatty acids which are both good for you blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It also contains some linoleic acid.
- Lean meat is also hard to digest, and gives you the feeling of being full for longer. Including grass-fed beef automatically reduces your calorie intake.
15. Canned Salmon
Another type of meat which you should include in your diet is salmon. Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, calcium and Vitamin D. These are good for your bone health and help in calcium absorption. Canned salmon is less expensive then fresh one and also completely hassle free. It even contains tiny bones, which you can easily chew. They are a much better source of calcium than plant based calcium and are great for bone density.
- You can make sandwiches with it or use it in your salads.
- Making salmon burgers by adding just a dash of seasoning, making patties and coating them with eggs and bread crumbs is also another way of including g this in your diet.
- Salmon is also a good source of protein, sodium and good type of cholesterol.
Spirulina is actually a form of algae. It is available in tablet, powder and flake form. IT gained popularity once its nutritional value was discovered. Since it is extracted from the sea, it is rich in all sorts of minerals and vitamins. However, to get the maximum benefits of spirulina it is important that you do your research and know the source of spirulina. You can just add it to your smoothie or sprinkle some on your cereal. It has a quite bland taste.
- It is great for cell regeneration
- Protects against side-effects of medicines
- It is a rich source of protein, dietary fiber and
- It is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-ageing and also helps fight against growth of cancer cells.
Some may find it too acidic or some of you might even find it bitter, b but lemons are indeed one of the healthiest foods out there. Do not underestimate this citrusy food. This is a great source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and natural sugars and even has some proteins and very low calories. The vitamin C is great for the health of your heart and collagen production. IT helps in wound healing and is considered anti-ageing as well.
- Off course you can always squeeze lemon for a little flavor to any salads or dressings.
- Lemon zest works well with most fish based and even some chicken gravies as it adds a tangy flavor to most dishes
- Another thing which a lot of people swear by is having lemon water in the morning to kick start your metabolism and detoxify. You can add a bit of honey to it if you find it too sour.
Tofu is another plant based protein and is a very versatile food. It contains very little fat, zero cholesterol but is high in sodium and proteins. It is filled with flavonoids and is beneficial for cardiovascular health and is also considered a cancer fighting food. If you have never had tofu before, try the soft kind which is similar to jelly in consistency.
- You can easily substitute boiled eggs with sliced tofu in salads
- Stir fried tofu with a bit of egg coating makes a great appetizer. Just cut it into cubes and voila!
- You can even make a side dish using stir fried tofu. Just top it with some soy sauce, add a dash of black pepper, sesame oil and some green onions. You may add some more seasoning if you like but this simple dish tastes amazing.
This vegetable has a slightly meaty texture and is one of the healthiest foods in the world. We can easily call it a super food due to its high nutritional value. Though some of you might be put off by the amount of time it requires to prepare artichokes but once you know of it nutritional value you would not mind all the effort. Artichokes provide you with foliate, dietary fiber, Vitamin C & K, sodium, proteins and even some carbohydrates.
- To cook artichokes first you must get rid of the tough outer leaves. Then peel its stem, chop the top off and then soak it in lemon water. When trying to roast them soaking keeps them from browning quickly.
- If you enjoy cooking, you might even find the whole thing meditative!
Olive and its oil are pivotal part of any healthy diet. What makes olive so good? They are very low in calories and fat content. They have zero cholesterol but are loaded with sodium, making it great both for your heart and brain. The only fat present in olive and its oil is the good fat which helps in reducing your cholesterol. They are rich in antioxidant properties and since it is used in fermented form making it a good supply of gut-friendly bacteria.
- Olives are one of the main ingredients in Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Italian cuisine. So for recipe ideas you might want to look at recipes from these regions
- Olives blend in well with any type of pastas and lasagna. They also make a great pizza topping.
- You can even have pickled olives on their own with your meals or add them to your salads.
Figs are a great source of vitamin C & A, and what makes them healthy is that they are equally beneficial in both fresh and dried forms. In addition they also provide you with dietary fibers, carbohydrates and protein. Since figs have a unique taste they compliment savory and sweet dishes equally.
- When choosing fresh figs chose the ones which are slightly soft but should not be bruised.
- They make great appetizers paired with almonds and cashews.
- Another great recipe to try is a date and fig shake. Just soak a handful of dates and dried figs overnight in a glass of milk. Once softened, add one banana and blend well.
Silverbeet is no doubt an amazing super food for our nervous system and eyes. According to recent studies, it contains about 13 types of antioxidants like kaempferol which is very good for protecting from heart disease. The antioxidants zeaxanthin and lutein protects eyes from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun and also sharpen eyesight. Another primary flavonoid in silverbeet , syringic acid has amazing ability to control blood sugar levels. It’s amazing disease fighting abilities make silverbeet one of the healthiest foods in the world.
7. Dried Apricots
Dried apricots are rich in many healthy essential nutrients like fiber, potassium, non-heme iron and antioxidants. According to researchers, about 30 grams of dried apricots have 1.2 miligrams of non-heme iron which is very effective in reducing PMS symptoms. Usually low levels of serotonin cause depression and PMS, and iron is essential for producing serotonin. Iron also provides protection against anemia. Dried apricots are also used as an effective remedy for constipation. It helps to maintain and regulate blood pressure. Because of all these healthy qualities, it is rightly included among the healthiest foods in the world by experts.
Apples are one the healthiest foods in the world as they are especially effective in lowering the stroke risk. According to scientists, White-fleshed fruits are especially good in providing protection against stroke than other colorful fruits. In a research by the Netherlands’ University of Wageningen, the researchers found that only 25 grams of apples can reduce the risk of stroke up to 10 percent. It is rich in quercetin a flavonoid which is known to reduce the risks of stroke. Apples are also very good for controlling cholesterol and high levels of blood pressure. Including Apples in your daily diet will help to boost your energy.
5. Red Grapes
Red grapes are not only very delicious and healthy but also they provide excellent protection against diseases. Red grapes are rich in flavonoids like quercitin and resveratol which are known for their anti-ageing and disease prevention qualities. According to recent studies, these flavonoids also provide protection against the risk of hearing loss, which makes them an important member of the “healthiest foods” list
4. Rye Bread
If you’re suffering from constipation, make rye bread and essential part of your diet. According to a research, constipated patients who used rye bread for three weeks, observe significant decrease in the disease. Rye bread is rich in dietary fiber than other breads and it is also known to control blood glucose and insulin. Rye bread’s amazing weight reducing and metabolism controlling ability makes it one of the healthiest foods in the planet.
Raspberrie’s excellent anti-aging benefits make it one of the healthiest foods in the world. Raspberries contain magical antioxidants, ellagic acid which provides protection against wrinkle forming by ultraviolet light. Recently scientists have found that it can also help in reducing weight as it increases the metabolism in fat cells of the body. Raspberries are also known for providing protection against cancer and heart disease.
Prunes or dried plums have some unique phytonutrients which provide protection against oxidants. Prunes are also known for making our bones strong and healthy. According to a research by Florida State University, eating 10 prunes everyday can increase bone density in post-menopausal women. Our bones starts weakening with the age, prunes can slow the process of the weakening of bones. This unique ability includes them in this amazing list of the “healthiest foods in the world”.
Carrots are one of the healthiest foods in the world, as it decreases the risks of heart disease. People who regularly consume carrots or carrot juice have about 32 percent low risk of heart disease. Carrots are also known for preventing cancer, anti-aging, nourishing skin and improving vision.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Understanding the Health Benefits of Rhinoplasty Surgery
In 2019, more than 200,000 American men and women chose to have rhinoplasty surgery. Commonly called a nose job, many…
15 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera You Never Knew
Aloe Vera is more like a miracle plant where you see it growing in the harshest of situations you place…
20 Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has a strong aroma. This healthiest herb can be used as dried, powdered, fresh, juice, oil or pickle form….
15 Health Benefits Of Walking Barefoot On Grass
Sometimes it is very difficult to find time to connect oneself with the Earth when there is so much going…