Who wants to show off their age, but neck wrinkles speak for themselves. Want to know how to get rid of neck wrinkles? Read on to fill yourself with valuable information.
Neck wrinkles is a skin issue which falls into two categories and they are vertical wrinkles and horizontal wrinkles. While aging is the major cause of neck wrinkles, other causes of neck wrinkles include excessive exposure to the sun, smoking, and thinner skin.
The market is bombarded with wrinkle treatments like laser treatment, chemical peels, neck lift surgery, fillers and Botox. Why go for such expensive treatments and face their side effects as well.
Instead, try natural remedies that can delay neck wrinkles and reduce the appearance of existing ones. Here are 10 natural ways to tighten up your neck skin and make it go wrinkle free.
1. Moisturize and remain hydrated
One of the main reasons for wrinkle formation on the neck is also lack of moisture in your skin. It is very important to keep you skin moisturized and hydrated to treat your neck wrinkles. You can utilize two ways to do this. Drink ample amount of water to maintain moisture levels in your skin and use a light moisturizing cream.
Many people just ignore their neck and don’t think it is important to apply moisturizer there too. What many people don’t know is that even the skin of your neck requires pampering to keep it from sagging and unsightly wrinkles.
Look for moisturizing creams that contain elements to boost collagen production and in turn improve the elasticity of your skin along with making it taut. For instance, you can use creams that contain vitamin A derivative called retinol which stimulates collagen production and helps to get rid of fine lines and neck wrinkles. You can also look for creams with alpha hydroxy acids, peptides and vitamin C as an ingredient.
2. Neck tightening exercise
There are some neck tightening exercises that you can even practice throughout the day to get rid of neck wrinkles.
- Sit comfortably in your chair and tilt your back tilt back your head so that you are looking the ceiling. Pout your lips and extend it outwards as if sending flying kisses to the ceiling. Stay in this position for few seconds and then come back to your original position with your head forward. Repeat this exercise five times a day and thrice in a week.
- Sit in an upright position with your shoulders relaxed. Focus on an object that is exactly in front of you. Then turn your head to the right without moving your shoulders. Stay in this position for few second and then come back to the original position. Repeat the same by turning your head to the left side this time. Do this ten times in one go.
It is not surprising that you will find honey in many anti-aging skin products. Honey hydrates the skin and locks moisture in dry areas of the skin. It scrapes out dead skin cells and facilitates the production of new ones which helps to get rid of hyper pigmentations, scars and age spots. Potassium and vitamin B in honey improves elasticity of skin and makes it tight which helps to get rid of neck wrinkles.
- Simply rub some honey on your neck.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water but not hot.
- Repeat two to three times a week.
4. Egg white
Everybody wants a fairer and smoother skin. Egg white sure is a great treatment for neck wrinkles! Egg whites owe this skin friendly quality to the rich content of amino acids, potassium, magnesium, proteins and vitamin A which hydrates, moisturizes and regenerates skin cells. The protein that’s highly effective for treating neck wrinkles is collagen. Both collagen and vitamin A effectively renews the skin cells which means you can easily get rid of those neck wrinkles and other forms early skin aging.
- Take a bowl and add egg whites of two eggs.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Whip them well.
- Then either use your fingers or a brush to apply it over your neck.
- Allow it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this every day to get rid of neck wrinkles.
Avocado is fully laden with anti-aging qualities. It is full of monounsaturated fat and vitamin E that helps to get rid of neck wrinkles fast. The most treasured ingredient in avocado for your skin is glutathione which aids in getting rid of neck wrinkles, facial wrinkles and fine lines. This wondrous fruit is also packed with amino acids and antioxidants that expel toxins from your skin and prevent early skin aging.
- Take half of avocado and make a paste out of it.
- Take a bowl and add an egg white from an egg, avocado paste, one tablespoon of milk and one teaspoon of honey.
- Mix well to form a paste and apply it on your neck.
- Let it stay for half an hour.
- Wash it out with lukewarm water.
- Make this a part of your everyday skin regimen.
Yoghurt contains curd and lactic acid which scrapes away the dead skin cells and helps to give you brighter and newer skin. Yoghurt also helps to lock moisture in your skin and keep it well hydrated giving you smoother skin.
- Take some plain yoghurt and cover your neck with it.
- Leave it on till it dries up.
- Wash it off using cold water.
- Combine three ripe mashed strawberries, few drops of olive oil and one tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Mix well and apply it on your neck.
- Let it stay for half an hour.
- Wash it off using warm water.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times in a week.
7. Coconut Milk
Just like plain milk, coconut milk also contains hydrating qualities. Coconut milk is highly rich in copper and vitamin C that helps to maintain the elasticity of your skin keeping it to from wrinkles on your neck.
- You can either buy coconut milk from the market or use homemade coconut milk to massage your neck. Use your fingers and move them in small circular motions to massage the neck.
- Take a cup of almonds and grind it to powder form.
- Add in few drops of vitamin E oil and coconut milk to make a paste.
- Mix well and cover your neck with this paste.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Using it on a regular basis will minimize the appearance of neck wrinkles.
Banana is surely a treasure of many skin friendly nutrients which can help treat neck wrinkles along with other skin issues. Banana is highly rich in potassium, vitamins and natural oils, which help to hydrate and moisturize your skin along with stimulating the production of collagen.
- Cut a banana and mash it till there are no lumps left.
- Mix in one tablespoon of honey and three teaspoons of yoghurt.
- Cover your neck with this neck tightening mask.
- Let it stay for 15 minutes before you wash it off.
- Repeat thrice a week to prevent neck wrinkles in future and treat existing one.
9. Cucumber juice
Cucumber juice is not just an easy and simple method of treating neck wrinkles but a highly effective one. Nature has endowed cucumber with not only soothing and calming qualities for the skin but also with tons of vitamin C which is a strong antioxidant. It helps to fight off free radicals that damage the skin and form neck wrinkles, age spots and dark spots. It greatly delays and treats deep neck wrinkles.
- Combine one tablespoon of cucumber juice, one teaspoon of tomato juice and a little fresh cream.
- Apply this mixture over your neck.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before washing with cold water.
- Repeat twice a week.
- Eat cucumber to internally hydrate your skin and let it enjoy loads of vitamins and minerals that cucumber comes with.
10. Cabbage juice
Cabbage juice is an effective natural way of getting rid of neck wrinkles because of its skin tightening qualities which tightens neck skin. It helps to get rid of dead skin cells and produce new ones.
- Take a fresh cabbage and extract its juice.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to this juice.
- Apply it over your neck wrinkle.
- Now gently massage the mixture into your skin using your fingertips.
- Leave it on till it dries.
- Then wash it out.
Some useful tips
- Make it a habit to keep your chin up. When you keep your chin up, it prevents the neck from developing folds that transform into wrinkles.
- Do not go out in the sun without putting on sunscreen. Using SPF 15 or more will help your skin to protect itself from harmful Ultraviolet rays that destroy collagen.
- Make exfoliating the neck skin a part of your skin care regimen. The skin of the neck is delicate. Use products that are not harsh on it.
- Make sure you take a healthy balanced diet that contains an adequate amount of omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants which remove neck fat, produces collagen and prevents wrinkles.
- Quit smoking if you are a smoker because smokers are five times more at risk of developing wrinkles compared to non-smokers. Smoking destroys the most important protein in your skin called collagen. It keeps your skin tight and firm.
These were some of the natural ways and tips to get rid of neck wrinkles. With these natural ways, you can not only prevent but also treat neck wrinkles.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Understanding the Health Benefits of Rhinoplasty Surgery
In 2019, more than 200,000 American men and women chose to have rhinoplasty surgery. Commonly called a nose job, many…
15 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera You Never Knew
Aloe Vera is more like a miracle plant where you see it growing in the harshest of situations you place…
20 Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger has a strong aroma. This healthiest herb can be used as dried, powdered, fresh, juice, oil or pickle form….
15 Health Benefits Of Walking Barefoot On Grass
Sometimes it is very difficult to find time to connect oneself with the Earth when there is so much going…