- What Are Menstrual Cramps?
- Types Of Menstrual Cramps:
- Reasons And Indications Of Menstrual Cramps:
- How Menstrual Cramps Can Be Diagnosed?
- Menstrual Cramps Treatment:
- Home Cures To Get Rid Of Menstrual Cramps:
- Preventing And Getting Rid Of Menstrual Cramps:
- Conclusion Of Menstrual Cramps:
What Are Menstrual Cramps?
Women go through menstrual cycle which are also referred to as periods and dysmenorrhea which mostly occurs once in a month. Pains related to this cycle can appear both before and after, either before or after the times of the situation. This agony and distress with pain develops in abdomen, particularly lower side. The intensity however depends on three moderating levels; mild, intense and dangerous.
According to doctors and scientific researchers, this menstrual cramps happen to take place when ovaries releases the egg and make sit way to ovulation tube or fallopian tube.
Types Of Menstrual Cramps:
Primary and secondary is the subdivision of the severe, excruciating and painful menstrual cramps.
1. Primary Menstrual Cramps:
It is a common pain which occurs at the most a day or two prior to the periods or/and goes till another 3 to 4 days after the menstrual cycle. It again occurs in lower side of the abdomen with mild pain in the lower part of the back. In this kind of pain, it is nothing to worry about as there are no determined factors which would cause the pain.
2. Secondary Menstrual Cramps:
Secondary menstrual cramps doesn’t come with mild pain. It unfortunately is featured with severe pains which can be caused by multiple reasons like; inflammation in pelvic, endometriosis or fibroids in uterine.
Reasons And Indications Of Menstrual Cramps:
There are always some reasons because of which certain disease, condition takes place. Likewise, in menstrual cramps there are different causes which triggers the pains which are at times severe and other times manageable. We have to focus on the secondary type of the menstrual cramps since it is more painful and distressing. Some of them are mentioned below which are mostly the cause of the menstrual cramps:
- Severe pain below the abdomen
- Manageable and unmanageable pain in the lower back
- Puking or vomiting
- Throbbing and dull pains in the lower part of the tummy
- Bowel dysfunctions; loose motions or constipation
- Swelling in the lower abdomen
There are always some common and basic signs of menstrual cramps and some off the hook, bigger symptoms which makes this condition dangerous. Some of those trivial ones are:
- Scientifically and medically speaking, uterus gets a soft lining when the sperm is not there to impregnate the egg. Prostaglandins is related to the pain which is a hormone type of a fluid. This substance determines the intensity of pain and causes inflammation.
- When substance named leukotrienes are raised to the fixed level while a woman goes through monthly cycle or menstruation, it also becomes the reason of menstrual cramps.
- Women who don’t get enough, required sleep or insomnia are those who have the tendency to have unbalanced period cycle along with premenstrual indications.
How Menstrual Cramps Can Be Diagnosed?
Mostly, women can recognize the symptoms of menstrual cramps on their own without any assistance or verdicts of physician. If the pain is not manageable and the female has a gut feeling that it is not related to menstrual cycle, it is recommended to see a consultant or a gynecologist. That specialized person of his field will do following procedures to come up to the conclusion about the pain:
- Images of following parts of the body actually helps in finding the reason of the pain.
- Fallopian tubes
- Lower abdominal area
Menstrual Cramps Treatment:
Are menstrual cramps treatable? Well, there are always medications to bring down the intensity of menstrual cramps. These medications are termed as anti – prostaglandins and they function to lessen the pain, mild or severe in uterus. These pills also work as to make the blood flow smoothly and helps in subsiding anxiety, uneasiness and discomfort.
What doctors do in some cases is to prescribe pills which controls birth or pregnancy by reducing the pain while sex as well as severity of cramps. There are also found to be some herbal treatments and medicines which are originated from China to help females who come up with complain of menstrual cramps.
Surgery is advised to those who have other medical issues which are related to the menstruation process. Fibroids, endometriosis and cervix inflammation are the reasons why doctors suggest to get a non complex surgery done. These operations may heal the pain but have their own risk factors.
Home Cures To Get Rid Of Menstrual Cramps:
Uterus becomes relaxed by the contractions by the help of heating. There are many heat pain relievers and heating pads which are used for this purpose. Simple hot water bottle is the best solution to the menstrual cramps.
Bloating and reduction in menstrual cramps can’t be easier than having plenty of water. It is also said, believed and experimented that warm liquids helps in healing severe menstrual cramps.
Colds, flu, digestion problems and allergies are treated by cinnamon in many countries. It is also used for soothing the menstrual cramps. This is a full and complete source of calcium, iron, dietary fibers and magnesium which can be helpful in menstrual cramps.
Menstrual cramp can be relieved, cured and lessened by the help of ginger which is also found to be good in healing headaches, cold, flu and sore throats. Ginger tea is how it can be taken in the simplest and easiest form.
Preventing And Getting Rid Of Menstrual Cramps:
Specialized doctors and physicians have suggested to follow things mentioned below religiously:
- Try to eliminate stress factor
- Any relaxation therapy
- To quit smoking
- Healthy food intake – fruits and vegetables, minimum intake or usage of fat
- No alcohol, boozing or using drugs of whatsoever kind
- No or limited use of caffeine
- Minimum intake of sugary items and salt
- Harmonious and peaceful exercising patterns
Conclusion Of Menstrual Cramps:
All in all, this medical condition termed menstrual cramps is associated and meant for females only and has nothing to do with males. It is a common situation and can be dealt easily. However, if the cramps are way too much and can’t be handled or managed, it is always advised to get it checked. Gynecologist, physician or any doctor will help you find ways to reduce the pain. In some uncommon cases, there is a chance of getting operated to eliminate menstrual cramps forever.