The fast paced lives that we lead these days results in this ailment called foot tendonitis since it is required of us to stand on our feet for long hours. Foot tendonitis is a condition in which the tendons become inflamed and there is excessive swelling in the feet because of the inflammation of tendons.
Tendons are basically bands of fibrous tissues that connect bones with the muscles. The pain can be excruciating if this condition prevails continuously. Using the foot too much can cause foot tendonitis. Different activities like walking, running or doing a certain job that needs you to stand for long durations can cause foot tendonitis. Other reasons that can contribute to this are natural ageing process, diabetes, obesity, bone spurs and ill fitted shoes. Repetitive activities like shoveling, gardening, painting, playing golf or tennis can also cause tendonitis. Foot tendonitis at times can be very serious.
Some of the symptoms of tendonitis consist of inflammation, sharp pain, tenderness, swelling, weakness in leg and restricted movement.
If you are inflicted with this painful ailment, you should consult a doctor for thorough treatment. However, there are the top 10 home remedies that can help alleviate the symptoms.
1. Ice Pack
Ice is a great numbing agent. Ice can be really good for minimizing swelling and inflammation. What ice basically does is it constricts the blood vessels of the affected site and reduces the swelling. Using an ice pack can be really beneficial.
- Take a plastic bag and place some crushed ice in it.
- Now cover this bag with a cotton towel.
- Use this ice pack on the affected site for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Do this few times in a day to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain.
2. Olive Oil
Want to know how to perfectly free yourself from foot tendonitis symptoms? Get an olive oil massage done on your foot. Olive oil massage will minimize swelling and pain associated with foot tendonitis. The massage will enhance the circulation of blood in your foot and leave a relaxing effect.
- Take 100 ml of olive oil and heat it till it becomes warm.
- Use this lukewarm olive oil to gently massage on the feet for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat it every day for few days to notice positive results.
3. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is very effective for treating foot tendinitis as it is highly rich in magnesium which aids in treating different symptoms of foot tendinitis including providing relief from pain. Soaking your foot in Epsom salt solutions also help the foot to get back its magnesium. Magnesium will get absorbed by the skin and help to restore the health of connective tissues (tendon) and muscles. The presence of magnesium in Epsom salt will definitely make the condition of the foot much better.
- Take a bucket and fill half of it with warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in it.
- Dip your feet in this solution for 20 minutes. This solution will relax the feet immensely.
- Do this for 7 days to see good results.
- To prevent dryness in feet, apply some moisturizer to moisturize them.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
No home remedy list is complete without Apple Cider Vinegar. It is an effective treatment for foot tendonitis as it has anti-inflammatory qualities. Consuming apple cider vinegar on a regular basis can be very good for your health generally.
- Take a glass of warm water, add 2 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar.
- Add a teaspoon of honey in the solution.
- Consume this solution 2 to 3 times every day.
5. Vinegar Wraps
Vinegar wraps are one of the most effective home remedies for treating foot tendonitis. Place hot and cold vinegar wraps alternately. It will aid in minimizing pain and soothing sore muscles. It also reduces inflammation as vinegar also acts as anti-inflammatory agent.
- Combine water and white vinegar in equal proportions. Heat them in a large pan.
- Take 2 separate bowls. In one bowl combine vinegar and cold water in equal quantities.
- Now take a towel or cotton cloth and soak it in the hot mixture. Get rid of the excess water and cover your foot with this towel or cotton cloth by wrapping around the affected foot for at least 10 minutes or till the towel itself cools.
- Then soak the towel or cotton cloth in the cold water and vinegar solution. Get rid of the excess water and cover your foot with this towel or cotton cloth by wrapping around the affected foot for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this sequence 3 to 4 times.
- Then use a moisturizing cream over your foot.
- To get relief from foot tendonitis, do this for 3 to 4 days.
6. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is full of phenolic resin known as capsaicin that helps to alleviate pain naturally especially chronic pain. It also eliminates inflammation related to foot tendonitis. Capsaicin works by producing a chemical known as P. P minimize pain by acting as an obstacle in front of the nerve ending and blocking its way to send any kind of pain signal to the brain. This in turn helps to get rid of pain caused by foot tendonitis.
- Take a bucket of water and fill it half with warm water. Then add some cayenne pepper to it.
- Immerse your feet in this solution for up to 20 minutes.
- Do this 5 to 6 days daily to get relief from foot pain.
- Take a soft cotton cloth and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on it.
- Cover the affected area by wrapping this cloth around the foot.
- Let it remain wrapped for half an hour.
- Wash the feet with warm water.
- This greatly helps to reduce pain associated with foot tendonitis.
7. Carbonated Water
Are you suffering from acute pain because of foot tendonitis? Carbonated water is a very effective remedy to reduce pain. Drinking carbonated water daily is also good for health. It will be keep your body rejuvenated.
- Take a bowl of sugarless carbonated water and soak your foot in it.
- It will minimize both inflammation and pain in the foot and also revitalize it.
- Do this 2 to 3 times in a day for good results.
8. Sage Leaves
Sage contains curative qualities that can be useful for curing foot tendonitis. It leaves a calming effect and minimizes both inflammation and pain.
- Take some sage leaves in your palm and gently rub them.
- Fill a bowl with 2/3rd of apple cider vinegar and add sage leaves.
- Let it boil for few minutes and let it simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Take it away from heat and dip a cotton cloth in the solution.
- Take off excess liquid and keep this cloth on the affected site for 10 minutes.
- You can also make use of dry sage leaves by making a cup of sage tea.
- Take a cup of hot water and put some dried sage leaves in it for 10 minutes.
- Strain it.
- You can even add honey just to enhance the taste
- Consume this tea 2 to 3 times a day till you notice some improvement.
Foot tendonitis also cause swelling in the foot. In order to get rid of the swelling the excess fluid needs to be flushed out. What can be better than asparagus for that! Asparagus is a natural diuretic. It means it increases the volume of urine and flushes out excess fluid and other wastes from your body. This in turn helps to minimize inflammation and pain as well. Asparagus is perfect for treating foot tendonitis and very easy to follow as well.
- All you have to do is make 2 to 3 asparagus a part of your daily diet in order to get rid of foot tendonitis.
- One thing to remember is that you should consume yoghurt and fresh fish alongside asparagus. It keeps bloating away.
Chick weed is another very effective remedy for treating foot tendonitis. This natural herb is full of minerals, vitamins and other nutrients that aid in minimizing inflammation, pain, tenderness, and stiffness that foot tendonitis leads to.
- Blend chickweed with water in a mixer in order to make a fresh and thick paste.
- Put this paste over your foot.
- Allow it to site for few minutes.
- As soon as it is dry, wash it using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times in a day for 4 days. It greatly helps to minimize inflammation in ligaments, muscles or tendons. It also alleviates pain.
- Take some drinking water and boil few chickweed herbs in it for few minutes.
- This chickweed tea should be consumed many times in a day to help you with the mobility of your feet and provide some relief from pain.
These home remedies immensely help in alleviate the signs and symptoms associated with foot tendonitis. You should give your foot enough rest otherwise no remedy will show its effect. If your condition becomes worse after following any of the remedies, do not sit back and bear the pain. Instead immediately consult a doctor.
http://humannhealth.com/home-remedies-for-foot-tendonitis/1404/ http://www.foot-pain-explored.com/ankle-tendonitis.html http://stylesatlife.com/articles/home-remedies-for-foot-tendonitis/ http://www.boldsky.com/health/wellness/2015/effective-home-remedies-for-foot-pain-and-inflammation-061149.html#slide72214