Most of the people around the world prefer home remedies for colon cleansing than over the counter colon cleansing products. We all know natural things are much safer. Colon is a very important organ of the body whose function is to eliminate toxins from your body. If your colon is healthy, you are healthy. The food eaten by you change into toxin in the bowels. These toxins collect and if they are not expelled from the body, they result in problems like bloating, gas, constipation, fatigue, weight gain, low energy, headaches and other chronic illnesses.
Colon cleansing is vital for keeping your system healthy and well. It can also aid in losing weight. Like small intestine colon doesn’t have the responsibility of absorbing food and nutrient. Colon simply absorbs salt and water from solid wastes before they are expelled from the body. If the colon is not healthy, its proper functioning disrupts.
Colon cleansing is believed to make your health better by enhancing your immune system, boosting your energy, and removing toxins. Otherwise, toxins from the gastrointestinal tract leads to problems like allergies, asthma, and arthritis. In a colon cleanse, huge among of water (up to 16 gallons) and other substances like coffee or herbs are expelled through the colon.
Here are top 10 home remedies for Colon Cleansing that can help you in colon cleansing:
Want to know the best way of colon cleansing? It is drinking plenty of water. You should drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. Drink more if you are involved in physical activity. Plenty of water helps in peristalsis which means it helps to move the food in the digestive system. This helps to expel all the dangerous waste and toxin from the body naturally. You can also keep a regular intake of fresh vegetable or fruit juices, coconut water and lemon juice. Water is the main entity that keeps your colon functioning normally. It will not only detoxify your body but also boost your metabolism. This encourages proper bowel movement which keeps the colon healthy.
- In between, you can also consume lemon and prune juice to cleanse the colon.
Note: it is recommended to avoid solid food when following this remedy.
Ginger aids in the movement of bowel. It helps to keep the colon away from harmful toxins and wastes keeping it functioning normally. It also prevents bloating. Ginger is used in cooking around the world.
- Take litter water and combine some honey and a teaspoon of ginger juice in it.
- Keep an intake of this 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Take 8oz of fresh apple juice.
- Throw in 1 teaspoon of ground psyllium husk and ground ginger.
- Blend the ingredients well.
- Drink it to cleanse the colon.
- After drinking this juice, drink 10 glasses of water to help the psyllium pass through the colon.
- Take in light foods after drinking this.
- Ginger helps to flush out the toxins while psyllium binds waste materials together.
- You can simply add ginger in a herbal tea and drink
Note: this remedy is not for breast feeding women or pregnant ladies.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon is full of vitamin C and possesses anti-oxidant qualities that help the digestive system to function to its optimum. It will give you better bowel movement, healthy skin and more energy.
- Lemon contains anti-oxidant properties and is high in vitamin C that helps for proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Take a lemon and squeeze some lemon juice in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Add a little honey and a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir it properly and consume this solution on empty stomach first thing in the morning.
- Consume 3 to 4 times every day for few days.
4. Raw Vegetable Juice
For at least a day or two, it is recommended not to consume cooked or processed food or ready-made vegetable juices if you want to cleanse your colon thoroughly. They do not consist of the effective enzymes that aid in removing and breaking down waste products. Keep an intake of fresh vegetable juice of spinach, squash, beets, carrots, corn, squash etc. fresh vegetable juice extracted at home works wonders. Green vegetable consist of chlorophyll that helps to eliminate toxins. They also contain amino acids, minerals, vitamins that keep your body full of energy and healthy.
- Get some raw vegetables such as spinach, cabbage, carrots, celery, cucumber, kale, parsley, beetroots, broccoli and extract juice using a blender.
- Consume vegetable juice many times every day.
5. Fiber-rich Foods
Fiber rich food is really effective for colon cleansing. It helps remove toxins. The prime reason it is so beneficial is that fiber aids in keeping the stool soft and improving bowel movement. This in turn facilitates expelling waste products. Moreover, fiber rich food keeps intestinal issues at bay.
You can start by adding fiber to your diet. You can take fibrous and leafy fresh vegetables like peas, broccoli or artichokes. You can keep a regular intake of fresh fruits like pears, prunes, apples, and raspberries. Beans, nuts, whole grains, seeds, and cereals are also rich in fiber. Make this a habit. Bring in fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet and enjoy healthy colon.
6. Apple Juice
There is a reason they say an apple a day keeps a doctor away. Regular intake of apple juice facilitates proper bowel movement, improves health of liver and digestive system, and breaks down toxin. The best results are achieved by fresh apple juice. In case, you don’t have fresh apple juice you can get a packed apple juice.
- Begin your day with fresh apple juice.
- Take few apples and add in a blender to extract the juice.
- Drink a glass of water after half an hour.
- To one glass of apple juice, you can also add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice in order to enhance the taste. Lemon in apple juice is beneficial as makes the mucous thin in the bowel.
- Do this continuously for 3 days. Repeat this many times in a day.
Yogurt is one of the most intestine friendly foods. Keeping a regular intake of fresh yoghurt will keep your colon healthy. Yoghurt helps to fight off inflammatory bowel diseases. Yoghurt is a probiotic food particularly the one that consists of active and live cultures. They help to allow good bacteria to enter your gut which in turn facilitates digestion. Yoghurt also treats many stomach problems like irregular bowel movement, flatulence, indigestion and others. Moreover, it is full of calcium that prevents the growth of cells lining the colon.
You can consume plain fresh yoghurt or dash in some bananas, berries, apples or limes to enhance the taste.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is already popular for its laxative qualities and detoxification property. This makes it very effective as a colon cleanser. Aloe Vera gel can be scooped out and mixed with some citrus fruit juice to be consumed.
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf and scoop out the gel.
- Add some lemon juice to this gel and blend in a blender.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Drink it many times in a day.
- Do this on a regular basis.
Now what makes flaxseed so effective for colon cleansing? Flaxseeds contain a high content of natural fibers, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that promote the natural cleansing of colon. It helps to eliminate mucus and toxins as it pass through. It takes in water and tends to expand in the colon.
- Take a glass of water and add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds.
- Stir it well.
- Consume this drink half an hour before breakfast and half an hour before going to bed.
- As an alternative, you can mix ground flaxseed with yoghurt, cereals, vegetable salads, fruits and other food items.
10. Sea Salt
For this remedy you require an entire day. You require a day’s rest after having salt water. Avoid this remedy at all costs if you are patient of heart disease or high blood pressure. If you plan on going for this remedy, do consult your doctor first. If he allows you, do it under his strict supervision. People who are suffering from some kind of weakness are not recommended to follow this remedy.
- Take a glass of water and add a table spoon of sea salt in it.
- Boil this water for few seconds.
- Let it cool and consume it on empty stomach in the morning. Drink it when it is warm enough to be sipped like coffee or tea.
- While having salt water, you might get a headache or feel nausea which is why after sometime lie down and massage the colon area.
- This will help the colon get rid of toxin present in the colon or your digestive tract.
- You might feel the need to go to the toiled few times after taking the solution.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water as this can result in diarrheaas well.
During the day, take in fresh juices and water as well. They help to fill in the loss of water, electrolyte and minerals that you have lost due to the salt water intake. Try taking light meals in the day like steamed veggies or chicken soup.