Bedwetting is a medical condition which is most commonly faced by it can also complained by old people and teenagers before the start of puberty. This is a typical situation which hampers the excretory glands. However, this is not something to fret about. It can be tactfully handled without any hard and fast rulings. Parents and guardians need to address individuals who are above 7 years on how to work on this issue. But it is also necessary to dig out the facts on the causes too.
At times, bedwetting is caused by emotional distress or anxiety. There is a misconception about it being rooted to the notion that people who have history to it can also get victimized. Fact remains same and intact that it has nothing to do with history.
Some people are prone to get emotional while sleeping and their hormones gets a bit too excited. Children and toddlers grow out of this syndrome once they reach to puberty. There is another thing which is worthwhile to mention. Individuals who have this medical condition need support and care. It is something which should be tackled wisely without hurting or disturbing effected person’s feelings.
There are some home remedies through which bedwetting can be handled. It includes the use of cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon. Here, in this article you will get to read 12 top home remedies for bedwetting to deal with it.
Cinnamon is given to toddlers and all those people who face bedwetting. It is because cinnamon has potentials to strengthen bladder. It is known for the assets which keeps the body warm.
- A toddler would find hard to chew cinnamon stick. For grownups this is the good way to consume cinnamon.
- For toddlers, simply toast a bread and spread honey or sugar.
- On top of it, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- This will give a healthy breakfast with benefits of making bladder stronger.
Toddlers and teenagers love honey because of its sweetness. This is a blessing to have honey which can treat bedwetting and can work against it.
- Warm a glass of milk in microwave for a minute.
- Now take a tablespoon of raw honey and mix it well in the warm milk.
- You can also add honey in water instead of milk. To make it tastier add a pinch of salt and few drops of lemon juice too.
- Regular intake can lessen the severity of bedwetting.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Bedwetting can be really intense at times. It can be tapered down by the help of apple cider vinegar. This is because of the properties of lessening pH level in the body. Also, ACV is best when it comes to constipation.
- Pour chilled water (optional) in to a glass.
- Add a tablespoon of ACV in the water.
- Also add one teaspoon of honey (optional) in the glass.
- Drink it every day in the morning.
- Regular use will minimize the intensity.
When you massage bladder with a light hand for about ten minutes, it sort of paves way to the elimination in bedwetting. It is important to massage abdomen as well as area under the tummy.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Warm it in microwave for a minute.
- Wet your tips of the fingers with oil and massage gently on the lower abdomen.
- Massage well for at least ten minutes.
- Repeat it twice or thrice in a day. Morning and night time should be fixed for this massage.
5. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry has Ayurvedic properties in abundance which helps in elimination of bedwetting. It is an Indian herb which has another name too – Amla. Try this home remedy which can help people or specifically kids with this medical condition.
- Make a mixture by adding two deseeded and grinded Indian gooseberries, pinch of turmeric powder and raw honey.
- Also add black pepper and salt (a pinch) and mix it well.
- Give this mixture to the child and wait for the miracle to take place.
Banana has the capability to hold diarrhea and stomach related medical conditions. Likewise it is good for bedwetting too. Simple remedy which comes with banana is to:
- Encourage your child to take 2 bananas, preferably ripened every day.
- They can take it in the form of banana milk shake too.
7. Mustard Seeds
Children, oldies or even teenagers can be treated for bedwetting. Consuming mustard seeds can kill infections which are produced in urinary tract.
- Warm a glass of milk in microwave for a minute.
- Add in some mustard seeds which are grinded into a powdery form.
- Mix half teaspoon of honey to add in some flavors.
- Give this drink to the child or individual who complains about bedwetting. Consuming it at night before going to bed can be really helpful.
There is a scientific study and research which shows the impact of heat in body. Warmness has a direct link to bedwetting issue. If body of the effected person is kept warm then their worries related to bedwetting solves in few days.
- Warm milk and jaggery can be an awesome combination.
- Giving it every day in the morning can do wonders.
- Once your child consumes milk with jaggery you should give him or her half teaspoon of sesame seeds.
- Daily usage in the mornings for about 60 (2 months) will bring tremendous change.
9. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds can reduce the intensity of bedwetting. Try this remedy by following the steps below:
- Warm milk in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Add a tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- Take a separate glass and add half cup of water; a tablespoon of sugar. Heat it up and make caramel out of it.
- Add caramel in milk.
- Make it a routine to give this drink to your child every day before he goes to sleep.
10. Cranberry Juice
There are several fruits which can work against bedwetting. The reason for it is simple; they have properties which are good for urinary tract and bladder.
- It is up to you to consume fresh cranberry juice or the once which are readily available in the market.
- Simply give one glass of cranberry juice to the person who has bedwetting condition.
- Regular consumption will reduce the intensity and frequency of bedwetting.
11. Walnuts and Raisins
Making nuts into something interesting will allow children and oldies to snack on these nuts.
- Chop 4 walnuts and 8 raisins into a fine mixture.
- Add in some brown sugar.
- Give one teaspoon of it daily before going to bed.
- Keep it in routine for a month or so. See change and reduce it to half teaspoon for a month and then finally stop.
12. Bladder Exercises
Exercises which helps in stimulating control on the bladder are below. These may assist you in strengthening muscles too.
- Ask your child to hold the position in which he has to hold pee (when it is not an emergency to pee). Keep it like that for 5 to 10 seconds. Release and repeat it thrice in 24 hours.
- Motivate your child to hold pee for a minute before going to the loo/washroom. However, holding it for long hours isn’t a good idea.