Acne is said to be the skin problem which is also termed as Acne Vulgaris. What causes them and how they are formed is something to consider. Basically, glands which have the potency of releasing oily grease like substance which further formulates into acne.
Acne can appear on cheeks, forehead and even upper portion of neck. People who have oily skin are more attracted towards acne, reason is simple oil release.
If you really want to know what causes acne, then to be very honest it doesn’t have any particular reason. It can appear on skin because of multiple reasons. Foremost reason could be the imbalance secretions in androgen which is somewhat like a hormone. It functions at its best when someone hits adolescence.
In this article, you will get to read some common and most efficient home remedies for acne. Some of them include the use of lemon juice, baking soda, orange peel, and toothpaste use can remove acne from different parts of your body.
- 1. Baking Soda To Get Rid of Acne
- 2. Oatmeal To Get Rid of Acne
- 3. Fuller’s Earth To Get Rid of Acne
- 4. Lemon Juice To Get Rid of Acne
- 5. Toothpaste To Get Rid of Acne
- 6. Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid of Acne
- 7. Orange Peel To Get Rid of Acne
- 8. Aloe Vera Gel To Get Rid of Acne
- 9. Fenugreek To Get Rid of Acne
- 10. Indian Lilac To Get Rid of Acne
- 11. Apple cider vinegar To Get Rid of Acne
- 12. Cinnamon and honey mask To Get Rid of Acne
- 13. Papaya To Get Rid of Acne
- 14. Garlic To Get Rid of Acne
- 15. Sugar scrub To Get Rid of Acne
- 16. Mix Honey and Berries To Get Rid of Acne
- 17. Banana Peel To Get Rid of Acne
- 18. Steam To Get Rid of Acne
- 19. Avocado and Honey Mask To Get Rid of Acne
- 20. Mint To Get Rid of Acne
- 21. Potato Sliced or Grated To Get Rid of Acne
- 22. Green Tea To Get Rid of Acne
- 23. Echinacea To Get Rid of Acne
- 24. Aspirin To Get Rid of Acne
- 25. Chamomile To Get Rid of Acne
- 26. Egg White Mask To Get Rid of Acne
- 27. Honey and Milk Mask To Get Rid of Acne
- 28. Witch Hazel To Get Rid of Acne
- 29. Coffee Scrub To Get Rid of Acne
- 30. Omega-3 Fatty Acids To Get Rid of Acne
- 31. Grape Cleanser To Get Rid of Acne
- 32. Cucumber Face Mask To Get Rid of Acne
- 33. Pomegranate skin To Get Rid of Acne
- 34. Lavender oil To Get Rid of Acne
- 35. Bergamot oil To Get Rid of Acne
- 36. Ice treatment To Get Rid of Acne
- 37. Nettle and rosemary bath To Get Rid of Acne
- 38. Toothpaste To Get Rid of Acne
- 39. Expose yourself in the sun To Get Rid of Acne
- 40. Drink lots of water To Get Rid of Acne
- 41. Exercise To Get Rid of Acne
- 42. Milk To Get Rid of Acne
- 43. Take proper sleep To Get Rid of Acne
- 44. Pop it To Get Rid of Acne
- 45. Rose water To Get Rid of Acne
- 46. Relax yourself To Get Rid of Acne
- 47. Vitamin E oil To Get Rid of Acne
- Healthy Diet Ways To Get Rid of Acne
- 48. Berries To Get Rid of Acne
- 49. Hard water To Get Rid of Acne
- 50. Mushrooms To Get Rid of Acne
- 51. Avocados To Get Rid of Acne
- 52. Essential fatty acids To Get Rid of Acne
- 53. Less sugar and dairy To Get Rid of Acne
- 54. Reduce alcohol To Get Rid of Acne
- 55. Don’t eat too much chocolate To Get Rid of Acne
- 56. Cut down fried or fast food To Get Rid of Acne
- 57. Oysters To Get Rid of Acne
- Maintaining Hygiene and Cleansing ways to avoid acne
- 58. 3 step skin care regimen To Get Rid of Acne
- 59. Wash your face before and after exercise To Get Rid of Acne
- 60. Change your pillowcases To Get Rid of Acne
- 61. Say no to heavily scented soaps To Get Rid of Acne
- 62. Use makeup remover To Get Rid of Acne
- 63. Use soap with no residue To Get Rid of Acne
- 64. When to wash your face To Get Rid of Acne
- 65. Hands off your face To Get Rid of Acne
- 66. Use tube instead of jar of moisturizer To Get Rid of Acne
- 67. Clean your makeup brushes To Get Rid of Acne
- 68. Do not over-wash your face To Get Rid of Acne
- 69. Use toner To Get Rid of Acne
- 70. Exfoliate To Get Rid of Acne
- 71. Avoid the sun before making a facial appointment To Get Rid of Acne
- 72. Wash your hair To Get Rid of Acne
- 73. Clean your sunglasses or glasses To Get Rid of Acne
- 74. Soak up oil the whole day To Get Rid of Acne
- 75. Avoid using heavy creams To Get Rid of Acne
- 76. Don’t use too much mouthwash To Get Rid of Acne
- 77. Choose the right soap and detergent To Get Rid of Acne
- 78. Keep a check on facial hair To Get Rid of Acne
- Popular Products to get rid of Acne
- 79. Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel To Get Rid of Acne
- 80. Accutane To Get Rid of Acne
- 81. Oral contraceptives To Get Rid of Acne
- 82. Retinoids To Get Rid of Acne
- 83. Neutrogena products and cleansers To Get Rid of Acne
- 84. DDF BP Gel 5% with tea tree oil To Get Rid of Acne
- 85. DDF To Get Rid of Acne
- 86. Cetaphil To Get Rid of Acne
- 87. Proactiv To Get Rid of Acne
- 88. Skin care products containing goat milk To Get Rid of Acne
- 89. Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 30 To Get Rid of Acne
- 90. Avoid skin care products with alcohol To Get Rid of Acne
- 91. Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer To Get Rid of Acne
- 92. Don’t use oil based foundations To Get Rid of Acne
- Prescription and beauty treatments for acne
- Some acne triggers you should avoid
1. Baking Soda To Get Rid of Acne
Exfoliation helps in scrubbing off the dirt from the body. Baking soda serves as one type of exfoliating agent. Since it helps in removing the skin which gets rough and doesn’t allow the new skin to take over, it is believed in healing skin as well. This is how you can take help from baking soda:
- Take a tablespoon of baking-soda.
- Add few drops of water in it to form a thick mixture.
- Apply it on the acne.
- Leave it there for about ten minutes.
- Wash your face with clean water in the end.
- Apply toner if your skin is way too oily.
- Repeat the procedure thrice in a week for the best result.
2. Oatmeal To Get Rid of Acne
Oatmeal has the characteristics of absorbing oil from the skin and to protect it with cleansing agents which helps in dealing with acne.
- Cook oatmeal in a regular form.
- Add one tablespoon of honey in 2 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Also squeeze fresh lime juice in it.
- Scrub your face or forehead (any other place where acne appears) and leave it there to rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat the process once in a week or maximum thrice, depending on the level of acne.
3. Fuller’s Earth To Get Rid of Acne
This is a herb which is also known as Multani Mitti. Like many other home ingredients, this is also full of agents which removes greasy substances from the glands. It also works as a complexion toner. If you are residing in the US, you might need to go to any Indian store to get access to this mud like substance.
- Take a cup of rose water as a base.
- Add the equal amount of sandal wood powder.
- The same measurement will be followed with fuller’s earth or multani mitti.
- Mix it well to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the area where acne is found.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure thrice in a week.
4. Lemon Juice To Get Rid of Acne
Lemon is considered to be the agent in cleaning the pores which has dirt in them. It helps in hardening and closing the pores just like toners. You can treat it as the natural toner.
- Take a lemon and cut it into half.
- Remove its seeds.
- Rub it on the surface where acne is formed.
- Let the lemon play its role of working on the pores for about half an hour.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Repeat it daily in summers and in alternative days in winters.
P.S: you can add few drops of rose water to have double working on the skin which will give better, long lasting and instant results.
5. Toothpaste To Get Rid of Acne
Toothpaste is found in each and every house and we all use it on daily basis. It helps fight acne as well which is something astonishing. You can do following to take care of acne without any pain or surgical procedures:
- Take a pea like drop of toothpaste on the tip of your index finger.
- Apply it directly on the affected area where acne is found.
- It is best to apply it on the area once you are about to go to sleep.
- Rinse off your face in the morning.
- Repeat it daily for best skin without acne.
6. Tea Tree Oil To Get Rid of Acne
Tea tree oil is one of the best things for acne and many other skin problems. It has antiseptic properties which doesn’t let infection take its course on skin. It also helps in fighting against bacteria.
- Take a drop of tea tree oil in the finger or through the dropper.
- Put it directly on the surface where acne has developed.
- Let it be there for one good hour.
- Repeat it once in a day to help yourself in fighting against acne.
P.S: you can also wash it off after an hour if you feel like.
7. Orange Peel To Get Rid of Acne
Orange have Vitamin C in abundance which helps in healing scars and rashes.
- Wash your face and pat dry it with the help of a clean towel.
- Take 2 oranges and peel off its skin.
- Add one cup of water and grind those orange peels in it.
- Wear it on the face and let it be there till it dries.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the procedure twice in a week.
- Wear a good face moisturizer in order to protect acne and open pores.
8. Aloe Vera Gel To Get Rid of Acne
Aloe Vera has the potential to not only soothe the skin from any inflammation but also works as an agent to reduce swelling. It does wonders on acne.
- Wash and dry your face.
- Squeeze out pulp from the aloe vera leaf.
- Take some on your finger tip.
- Rub it gently on the area where acne is found.
- You can rinse it off or let it stay according to your wish.
9. Fenugreek To Get Rid of Acne
Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antioxidant features are found in abundance in the herb known as fenugreek.
- Take a cup of boiled water.
- Add a bunch of leaves in the water.
- Grind it well.
- Make sure that the consistency is good and not too liquidly.
- Apply the paste or mixture on acne.
- Let it rest there on your skin for thirty minutes.
- Rinse it off.
- Repeat it on alternative days.
10. Indian Lilac To Get Rid of Acne
Neem tree and its leaves are also called Indian Lilac leaves. Antimicrobial properties makes healing process work faster and antiseptic helps in creating infection. Indian Lilac is good for acne because it helps nourish the skin without any surgical or complicated procedure.
- Grind a bunch of Indian lilac.
- Add water in it to make a mixture.
- Apply it on the acne.
- Let it be there for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
- Repeat it thrice in a week.
11. Apple cider vinegar To Get Rid of Acne
Apple cider vinegar has the properties of anti bacteria and is a complete check out point for the antioxidants. It works as a stabilizer which works on glands secretions and balances them in the required form.
- Take a cup of water.
- Add quarter cup of vinegar.
- Mix it well.
- Wash your face.
- Pat dry.
- Apply the vinegar with the help of cotton ball.
- Rinse your face.
- Repeat once in a day to get done with the annoying acne problem.
12. Cinnamon and honey mask To Get Rid of Acne
Cinnamon has the power to curtail microbial issues and stops bacteria to spread. Whereas, honey is an antiseptic and antibacterial. With this combination, the acne can be treated in a miraculous form.
- Take a container or bowl and put 4 tablespoons of honey it.
- Add one tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Mix it well.
- Make a thick mixture.
- Apply the mixture on a clean face.
- Leave it there till it becomes dry.
- Wash your face and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat this process on alternative basis.
13. Papaya To Get Rid of Acne
Plain and ripened papaya can work on the acne miraculously. It leave skin smooth and rejuvenated.
- First of all wash your face to remove oily greasy texture.
- Dry it roughly.
- Mash two slices of papaya.
- Apply it on your face.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Dry t with the help of paper towel.
- Repeat it twice in a week for the best result.
14. Garlic To Get Rid of Acne
Garlic is used by millions of people as a home remedy to eliminate acne. This is what most of the people do to take advantage out of it:
- Crush 3 big cloves of garlic.
- Boil quarter cup of water and put the cloves in it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take it out in a container and let it cool.
- Once it is cool, add quarter teaspoon of honey in it.
- Apply the mixture on the face and especially around the places where acne appears.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water once the mixture on the face is all dried up.
15. Sugar scrub To Get Rid of Acne
You can make the sugar mask by following the steps mentioned below:
- Take one cup of white, refined sugar.
- Mix it with one cup of brown sugar.
- Add 2 heap cocoa in it too.
- Add few drops of lavender.
- Squeeze in one big lime in it.
- Grind them till it is in the form of coarse powdery form.
- Add few drops of water to make a consistency which is required to be applied on the face.
- Scrub off the facial skin.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm or warm water.
- Use a toner and moisturizing cream to keep your skin young and beautiful.
16. Mix Honey and Berries To Get Rid of Acne
A mix of berries which may include strawberries, cranberries and raspberries comes with the aromatic sweet and sour flavor. When these are combined with honey are given even tastier and soothing smell. Honey has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which helps in generating effective counter-backs which enables acne to reduce to minimum level.
- Wash all the berries (3 to 4 each)
- Crush them till they are in the form of thick paste.
- Add one or two tablespoon of honey.
- Apply it on the washed and dried face.
- Let it remain there till it completely dries or for ten minutes.
- Wash it with clean water.
- Repeat once in a week or daily as per the condition.
17. Banana Peel To Get Rid of Acne
We never utilize peel of banana which has lutein, an agent to help in reducing inflammation and redness. It also works as a soothing agent for acne.
- Take a banana and peel it off.
- Rub banana peel on your face in circular motion.
- Let it remain there for ten minutes.
- Rinse off your face.
- Repeat it daily for smooth and acne free skin.
18. Steam To Get Rid of Acne
Steam is one of the best home remedies for clearing skin from acne. It has the potential to opening skin pores which usually produces oil. These pores can be covered with toner too. There are two ways of taking steam. One is by the help of steamer which is electric. The other option can be used by following steps mentioned below:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Once the water is boiled, place it in a safe place.
- Wear apron to avoid any sort of burn.
- Cover your head, neck and face with the help of a towel.
- Breathe slowly for ten minutes.
- Repeat daily in case you have severe acne problem.
19. Avocado and Honey Mask To Get Rid of Acne
Avocado and honey masks serves as a natural and home remedy to get rid of acne. With its use it becomes easy to reduce and finally remove all spots and remains of acne. This mask also helps in giving a fresh, new and smooth skin free from acne.
- Take 2 tablespoons of avocado’s pulp.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of pure organic honey.
- Apply it on washed skin.
- Let it be there till it becomes a bit dried or 15 minutes.
- You can also apply moisturizing cream or lotion as per the requirement of the skin.
- Repeat it once a day if acne is severe or once in a week if it is not.
20. Mint To Get Rid of Acne
Mint helps in reducing redness and soreness on skin due to acne. It is not a major remedy for the sake of diminishing or removing acne. However, it is good for working on the inflammation because it has the tendency to reduce pain and also functions as anti-inflammatory agent.
- Firstly pick fresh mint leaves which do not have any spots and are good to look at.
- Crush them with hand and then blend them in a blender.
- You must add few drops of water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on washed face.
- Let it rest there and sit in for at least ten to fifteen minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Repetition will enhance smoothness and less itchiness on skin. So, it is advised to go about the process once in a day if the inflammation or burning is unbearable. Otherwise twice or thrice in a week would suffice the need.
21. Potato Sliced or Grated To Get Rid of Acne
Potatoes are not only fun to be utilized in French fries but also has multiple advantages. It can solve and work on acne because of the special agents which include; potassium, phosphorus and sulfur. It safeguards acne as well as blemishes.
- Take a potato and cut it into one inch slices.
- Wash your face leaving it a bit dry.
- Massage potato slices on your skin where acne is developed.
- Make sure that you are massaging it in the right manner, circular and for at least five minutes with the help of each slice.
- Take a potato and shred it.
- Make a thick paste by adding few drops of water.
- With a light hand, rub it on a washed face in a circular motion.
- Do it for at least ten minutes.
- Repetition would give room to work on the skin effectively.
22. Green Tea To Get Rid of Acne
Green tea has shown remarkable and astonishing effects on the skin which has acne. It is best known for the antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties. Green tea is also popular for detoxing skin.
- Take a cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add green tea leaves and let it simmer for about two to three minutes.
- Cool it off by putting it under fan or a relatively cooler place than near stove or kitchen.
- Wash face with the green tea or put it in a spray bottle and spray it on your face.
- You can also drink it as a tea without adding any sweetener.
- If you will repeat the usage it will definitely give you best results. Doing it twice in a week will help you stay away from acne and blemishes.
23. Echinacea To Get Rid of Acne
Echinacea is a flower or plant which has the cone like shape and isn’t much popular for acne, but it is equally beneficial for reducing it. This plant holds the quality of healing and has the anti-inflammatory possessions. These qualities help in removing acne and blemishes from the root.
- Take few leafs of Echinacea and put them in a cup of water.
- Allow it to boil and let leafs rest in there for ten minutes.
- Once all its extract is mixed in water, strain it in a cup.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to make it taste better.
- Have the drink.
- Rub leafs which are strained on your skin.
- Repeat once in a day for best results.
24. Aspirin To Get Rid of Acne
Aspirin is taken as a small, tiny pill which can help reduce pain because of the anti-inflammatory properties. This works against acne and blemishes but have to be taken in required small portions. Extra or excessive use may lead to skin problems.
- Take one aspirin and crush it in a bowl or any small container.
- Add few drops of water to make thick paste.
- Wash and dry your face.
- Apply it on the face till it is dried or gets hardened.
- Wash it off with the help of lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process once in a day.
25. Chamomile To Get Rid of Acne
Chamomile is a flower which assists in reducing inflammation and pain in acne. It also helps in soothing and bringing relief to the skin where acne has made its course.
- Take a few drops of chamomile extract oil.
- Mix it in a teaspoon of coffee.
- Make thick paste and apply it on your acne after washing and drying the face.
- Let it rest there for five to six minutes.
- Clean it with tissue paper or wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repetition will help in treating acne faster. So, make sure that you are repeating it once in a day.
26. Egg White Mask To Get Rid of Acne
Egg whites are not only good for your body but also an amazing source of dealing with many skin problems. Why it is that is simple and not very complicated. As we all know egg whites are best source to get calcium which plays vital role in the reduction and removal of acne and blemishes.
- Take an egg and carefully separate egg white from egg yolk.
- Add a teaspoon of honey in the egg white.
- Mix it well.
- Apply it on a damp skin.
- Let it dry.
- Wash it off after ten minutes with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process every day.
27. Honey and Milk Mask To Get Rid of Acne
Milk and honey’s combination is a killer one and it has a reason. The reason are the agents which work on acne and are responsible for replacing them with smooth and acne free skin. Both honey and milk are said to be antibacterial and anti-inflammation. Honey is however an amazing agent for antiseptic.
- Take 3 tablespoons of milk or yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoon of honey in it.
- Mix them well.
- Wash your face and pat dry it too.
- Apply the mixture on the area which has acne.
- Make sure that the layer isn’t very thick.
- Let it dry.
- Apply the second layer and let it dry too.
- Repeat it for the third time.
- Let it rest there for about ten minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and repeat it daily or on alternative basis for best results.
28. Witch Hazel To Get Rid of Acne
Witch hazel belongs to a yellow flower lineage which is an important source to eliminate skin diseases and conditions. It is rich with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. It also works in reestablishing the imbalances of pH in skin. You can find its toner readily in the market.
- Take a table spoon of witch hazel in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey in the bowl with hazel witch in it.
- Also add few drops of lime and one egg white.
- Mix it well.
- Apply it on the damp face and let it be there till it starts to dry.
- Wash it with water.
- Repeat once in a week.
29. Coffee Scrub To Get Rid of Acne
Coffee scrub is easy to make and consumes very less time in its making. It has properties through which acne is healed.
- Take 3 heap tablespoons of coffee.
- Add 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Squeeze few drops of lemon and water.
- Scrub it on your face.
- Wash it with water.
- Repeat thrice in a week.
30. Omega-3 Fatty Acids To Get Rid of Acne
Omega 3 fatty acids have tendency to play and counter back acne. It is used to make your skin smoother, spotless and fresh like a baby’s skin. Fish liver oil or cord-liver oil are the best ways to utilize omega 3 fatty acids. Acne can be cured when the fish liver oil capsules are taken orally or are used on skin in the following manner:
- Take one capsule.
- Break it open.
- Make sure that you have your hand under the capsule otherwise the oil will create mess all over.
- Apply it gently on the skin which has acne.
- Let it remain there overnight.
- Wash your face in the morning, the next day.
- Repetition of the process will leave your skin smoother, spotless and free from acne.
31. Grape Cleanser To Get Rid of Acne
The seeds of grape are best known for its anti-inflammatory qualities long with good speed of healing acne. The following trick will help you miraculously and leave you spellbound with the results.
- Take few grapes and crush them to make squishy.
- Add grape seed oil, this extract can be bought from any oil store. You can leave it if you don’t get hang of it.
- Apply it on your face.
- Let it dry for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Wipe off the peels of grapes from face.
- Wash your face and repeat it once in a week if you are preventing acne. If you already have acne then you can go for thrice in a week.
32. Cucumber Face Mask To Get Rid of Acne
Cucumber is one of the best veggies which monitors the smoothness and freshness on skin. It also helps acne to keep less irritating, less sored and less painful. To take its help, we have a home remedy in which cucumber will be used in the form of a mask.
- Take a cucumber, wash and peel it.
- Cut it into cubes or any other shape.
- Grind or blend it in the blender.
- Take out its thick paste.
- Don’t add water.
- Apply honey and let it dry.
- Wash and then apply cucumber paste.
- Let it dry and after 15 minutes rinse it with the help of water.
33. Pomegranate skin To Get Rid of Acne
All you have to do is roast and grind pomegranate skin to powder form. Combine it with fresh lime juice to form a paste and apply it over your pimples. Wait for a few minutes before you wash it off.
34. Lavender oil To Get Rid of Acne
This is a natural oil with soothing qualities. It serves as a great preventative acne solution which chases redness away.
35. Bergamot oil To Get Rid of Acne
Bergamot oil is a natural drying agent which dries up the acne naturally, which is why don’t use it on your entire face. Simply use it only on the pimples.
36. Ice treatment To Get Rid of Acne
This is yet another home remedy in which all you have to do is do some icing on your acne before going to sleep. It helps to minimize inflammation.
37. Nettle and rosemary bath To Get Rid of Acne
If it is not just your face that is affected by acne, then taking a nettle rosemary bath can be a good idea.
38. Toothpaste To Get Rid of Acne
Now this is available in every home at all times. Simply dab a little toothpaste before you go to sleep. It helps to dry out the pimple but make sure it is a white toothpaste.
39. Expose yourself in the sun To Get Rid of Acne
Giving your ace some sun exposure helps it to get dry and shed off particularly he cystic acne.
40. Drink lots of water To Get Rid of Acne
Keeping your body well hydrated is the key to having a clear skin. Dehydration results in breakouts because when the skin is dry it produces more oil which causes break outs. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day!
41. Exercise To Get Rid of Acne
Exercising not only keeps you healthy on the whole, but also helps to fulfill your desire of a clear skin. Do some exercise for 15 minutes every day. It helps to ward off toxins from the body and give you clear skin.
42. Milk To Get Rid of Acne
You can make use of milk that’s there in your fridge to help clear your skin and make it smoother. Take a clean washcloth and soak it with milk. Pat it over the affected areas and let it stay for up to 10 minutes before you wash it off. If you also have acne on your body, you can add a cup of milk to your bath water.
43. Take proper sleep To Get Rid of Acne
If you are not sleeping at least seven hour, it will start showing on your face. Lack of sleep can destroy your skin. Giving rest to your body as much as it requires restores and rejuvenates the body giving you acne free skin.
44. Pop it To Get Rid of Acne
If you wish to pop the pimple at home, then do it (don’t use your fingers). First rub your hands and a small needle with alcohol to sterilize it. Then carefully puncture the white head slightly. Take a clean cotton swab and gently press to soak what it drains. Cover it using a bandage to maintain cleanliness and allow it to heal.
45. Rose water To Get Rid of Acne
No matter what skin type you have, rose water helps to sooth any irritation, inflammation and minimizes redness.
46. Relax yourself To Get Rid of Acne
You can start taking yoga classes or practice yoga or do anything that relaxes you regularly. You can also practice meditation or go for a walk on a regular. Stress is a number one cause of acne which makes de-stressing yourself really important to minimize break outs.
47. Vitamin E oil To Get Rid of Acne
Vitamin E oil helps to get rid of scars. Apply it on the scar left by an acne. You can take 400 mg of vitamin E oil as a supplement to prevent acne. Consult with a skin specialist first.
Healthy Diet Ways To Get Rid of Acne
They say you are what you eat, and it doesn’t ring any truer for want to have a skin free from acne.
48. Berries To Get Rid of Acne
Berries are considered to be the best bets for a good skin. It is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants along with having a low glycemic index that doesn’t elevate blood sugar level. Blood sugar also triggers break out but eating berries reduce chances of pimples.
49. Hard water To Get Rid of Acne
It’s no secret that water keeps your skin fresh and hard water is particularly good for skin as it contains lots of minerals which aids in getting rid of toxins.
50. Mushrooms To Get Rid of Acne
Mushrooms are packed with vitamin B2 which aids in tissue repair. Vitamin B2 is really effective for helping a skin recover from acne rosacea.
51. Avocados To Get Rid of Acne
Avocados are not just good for your hair but also your skin as it is full of complex B vitamins as well as essential oils.
52. Essential fatty acids To Get Rid of Acne
Essential fatty acids help to keep your skin fresh and healthy because it locks the much needed moistures in skin cells. Some good sources of essential fatty acids are flax seeds, walnuts and salmon.
53. Less sugar and dairy To Get Rid of Acne
Dairy products and refined sugar tends to irritate your skin which then increases the production of oil causing break outs. When you eat dairy it is better to eat the low fat one.
54. Reduce alcohol To Get Rid of Acne
If you are dealing with hormonal breakouts each month, then minimize alcohol and dairy intake. You are bound to see improvements in your skin.
55. Don’t eat too much chocolate To Get Rid of Acne
Eating a lot of chocolates can also cause breakouts. However, the breakouts are probably because of the sugar content in chocolate or simply because you are eating chocolate before periods. The acne can be simply hormonal.
56. Cut down fried or fast food To Get Rid of Acne
Try to avoid deep fried foods and fast foods. Too much oil may not instantly result in acne but with time it can show on your skin in the form of pimples.
57. Oysters To Get Rid of Acne
Acne can be caused because of lack of zinc and oysters are natural source of zinc.
Maintaining Hygiene and Cleansing ways to avoid acne
Here are some cleansing dos and don’ts to fight off acne:
58. 3 step skin care regimen To Get Rid of Acne
Make it a habit to follow a 3 step skin care regimen that involves cleansing the skin using a cleanser or face soap, then applying skin toner and finally moisturizing with a good moisturizer.
59. Wash your face before and after exercise To Get Rid of Acne
Make sure you wash your face before and after you exercise. If you are someone who applies makeup when exercising, remember it will mix with your sweat and block your pores causing acne. Make sure you being and end with a clean skin. Taking a shower after working out is recommended.
60. Change your pillowcases To Get Rid of Acne
Make it a part of your routine to change pillow cases once a week. Why? That’s because the oil from your hair transfers to the pillow when you sleep. You don’t want to sleep on oil all night long which can trigger acne.
61. Say no to heavily scented soaps To Get Rid of Acne
Cleansers, soaps and skin care products that contain too much of unnatural perfume or fragrance can easily irritate your skin as well as result in acne. It can also cause allergic reactions and redness.
62. Use makeup remover To Get Rid of Acne
One of the biggest mistakes that women make is leave their makeup on overnight. If you feel lazy to remove makeup, then keep makeup remover wipes at your bedside table so that acne doesn’t welcome you in the morning.
63. Use soap with no residue To Get Rid of Acne
Soap that leaves residue on your face has more chances of clogging your pores and causing acne.
64. When to wash your face To Get Rid of Acne
It is best to wash your face at the end of the day because that it when it contains most dirt. However make it a part of your routine to wash your face in the morning and night time. Set reminders for yourself on the phone to turn it into a habit.
65. Hands off your face To Get Rid of Acne
Just quit touching your face the entire day. Your hands tend to have bacteria from everywhere whether the cellphone you use, the keyboard you touch, the menu at the restaurant, or the elevator button. When you touch your face with those hands, more bacteria land on your face. Quit touching your face and notice lesser breakouts.
66. Use tube instead of jar of moisturizer To Get Rid of Acne
Prefer a tube of moisturizer rather than a jar. This is because every time you use your fingers to apply cream, the bacteria remain in the jar and eventually lands on your face. This is the reason tube is a better option but still if you want to use the jar, utilize a cotton swab to apply the cream on your face.
67. Clean your makeup brushes To Get Rid of Acne
Take out some time every two weeks to clean your make up brushes. A large amount of bacteria built up on the brushes and the longer you take to clean them, longer you are allowing bacteria to reach your skin resulting in breakouts. Make use of warm water and some soap to thoroughly clean the brushes.
68. Do not over-wash your face To Get Rid of Acne
While keeping your face clean lets you have clear skin, washing too much or too vigorously can irritate your skin. When you wash your face too much, you make your skin drier than normal making the skin produce more oil and excess oil causes break outs.
69. Use toner To Get Rid of Acne
If you happen to have an oily skin, use a toner. It will help remove any bacteria or leftover make up keeping your skin fresh.
70. Exfoliate To Get Rid of Acne
Make it a habit to exfoliate you skin at least twice a week. If you happen to have a sensitive skin, opt for a gentler exfoliator as it will not leave your skin with any harsh effects.
71. Avoid the sun before making a facial appointment To Get Rid of Acne
Facial sure does clean your face thoroughly. If you are planning to get a facial done, make sure you stay away from the sun for a few days to avoid any irritation on the skin.
72. Wash your hair To Get Rid of Acne
If you happen to have bangs, then you might have breakouts often on your forehead. That is because of the excess oil from your hair. if you wish to have bangs then wash them every day especially if you are someone who takes a shower after two days or alternate days. You can simply pin your bangs when they get oily and you haven’t found the time to take a shower.
73. Clean your sunglasses or glasses To Get Rid of Acne
Make sure your sunglasses or glasses are clean. You can clean it by rubbing alcohol which will kill bacteria that’s present on it and can cause acne on your face.
74. Soak up oil the whole day To Get Rid of Acne
Make use of oil absorbing sheets or tissue papers to pat your face. You don’t need to wash your face all the time as it can cause over drying.
75. Avoid using heavy creams To Get Rid of Acne
Using loads of cream at night will make your face really oily. Use a moisturizer that goes with your acne treatment or choose a light moisturizer that doesn’t make your skin very oily.
76. Don’t use too much mouthwash To Get Rid of Acne
Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash everyday can result in more breakouts in the area surrounding your mouth. Instead of using mouthwash regularly, brush your teeth properly to prevent bad breath.
77. Choose the right soap and detergent To Get Rid of Acne
Read the label when you are buying detergents or soap. Don’t buy products that contain more oil to add moisturizing element to it. it can irritate your skin and result in break outs.
78. Keep a check on facial hair To Get Rid of Acne
If you happen to have facial hair, wash your face properly and many times a day because facial hair will keep bringing back oil to your skin.
Popular Products to get rid of Acne
Here are some popular products you can use to fight the unpleasant acne. However, keep in mind these products may not work for everyone. It is better to consult a doctor before use.
79. Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel To Get Rid of Acne
Struck with a pimple that you want to get rid of as soon as possible? Try Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel which can zap pimples in just 12 hours due to its bacteria fighting abilities, along with keeping a check on redness and oil.
80. Accutane To Get Rid of Acne
Accutane is a kind of vitamin A that works by minimizing the production of oil by oil glands in the skin. However, Accutane is not meant for pregnant women or women who intend to conceive as it is an intense treatment.
81. Oral contraceptives To Get Rid of Acne
Women often go for birth control pills as a treatment for acne because in trying to fulfill the purpose of birth control, it regulates the hormones which controls acne caused by hormonal imbalance. It is best to consult a skin specialist first.
82. Retinoids To Get Rid of Acne
Use retinoid every night before sleeping not only prevent acne but also fades the spots.
83. Neutrogena products and cleansers To Get Rid of Acne
Many doctors consider Neutrogena’s acne medications and medicated soaps to be very effective to fight and control acne.
84. DDF BP Gel 5% with tea tree oil To Get Rid of Acne
Tea tree oil is used in many skin products because of it’s ability to combat inflammation and bacteria. This product also contains benzoyl peroxide which helps to prevent future acne and combat with the existing one.
85. DDF To Get Rid of Acne
The acne products of DDF treat acne by controlling oil and exfoliating dead skin cells.
86. Cetaphil To Get Rid of Acne
Cleansers and moisturizers of Cetaphil also prove to be effective for treating and preventing future acne
87. Proactiv To Get Rid of Acne
If you happen to have serious acne, then this product is meant for you. It is a popular treatment recommended by doctors and easily available in stores.
88. Skin care products containing goat milk To Get Rid of Acne
Do you have a very irritable skin? Look for a skin care product that has goat milk as an ingredient. Goat milk possesses a stabilized PH level which is not acidic and will not irritate your skin. As an added bonus, it gives you an even complexion.
89. Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 30 To Get Rid of Acne
It is better not to use greasy sunscreen if you have acne. This is a light, non-greasy SPF formula which stops the harmful UV rays from reaching your skin.
90. Avoid skin care products with alcohol To Get Rid of Acne
You should avoid skin care products that have alcohol as an ingredient particularly when you have acne. And if you have dry skin, it will make your skin even more dry and also flaky.
91. Kiehl’s Skin Rescuer To Get Rid of Acne
Stress is one of the key factors for acne and stress these days is on the rise. Kiehl’s skin rescuer helps to get rid of blotchiness, signs of aging, redness that accompanies acne, dehydration and fatigue.
92. Don’t use oil based foundations To Get Rid of Acne
Don’t buy oil based foundations or cosmetics because when you put on makeup, the oil clogs the pores which are likely to turn into break outs.
Prescription and beauty treatments for acne
Here are some treatments that you can go for in case of serious acne by consulting a doctor:
93. A shot of cortisone To Get Rid of Acne
If you are a serious case of pimples, the dermatologist might recommend a shot of cortisone.
94. Dermabrasion To Get Rid of Acne
This is a surgical treatment for scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, or deep acne scars. It will tighten the pores and moisturize your skin. It works by removing the top most layer of the skin.
95. Botox To Get Rid of Acne
Botox is really helpful with acne. It minimizes the size of pores and prevents sebum production starving the pimple causing bacteria.
Some acne triggers you should avoid
These are some things that can trigger further acne. It is best to avoid these things:
Dusty conditions will make your immune system weak because of which your body finds it difficult to fight acne.
97. Squeezing pimples
Squeezing pimples is a very tempting thing to do but then you will end up irritating and scarring your skin or worse an infection.
98. Wearing makeup To Get Rid of Acne
While makeup can help you camouflage your acne but it adds up to the already present oil in your skin. It is better not to use make up for some days and allow your skin to recover and breath. If you still have to use makeup, then go for oil free cosmetics.
99. Picking at pimples
When you pick at pimples simply out of habit, you irritate you skin and add more bacteria to them. It is best to avoid picking pimples.
Stress is the biggest trigger for acne break outs. Instead of worrying too much about it, do something about it. Stay on the lookout for treatment and find ways to relax yourself.