It has all come to the point where we are forced to believe that whatever that we take inside is not providing us with energy and nutrients as we expect them to do. We in take food at the most inappropriate of times, we are unaware of the basic qualities and properties of major fruits and vegetables. Most people are often wary of having vegetables and fruits as snacks. Most of these healthy snacks including nuts are now replaced by unhealthy, trans fat and sugar based chips and cookies.
When our body fails to receive the basic nutrients the cells start to degenerate and require far more nutrients to boost their energy levels. Anaemia is one of those conditions when often malnourishment leads to red blood cells becoming incompetent to pick up oxygen to maintain healthy hemoglobin levels. This way the oxygen being part of the blood lags to reach most of the organs and this unwanted chain thus leads to many unwanted illnesses. Anaemia is often due to iron deficiency or due to deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid. There are many healthy home remedies and practices that are guaranteed to boost up your iron levels naturally without imposing any harmful side effects.
- 15. Grab Those Apples
- 14. Driving In Honey
- 13. Know About Blackstrap Molasses
- 12. Power Up With Spinach
- 11. Magic Of Sesame Seeds
- 10. Paradise With Pomegranate
- 9. Go With Dates
- 8. Go Bananas
- 7. Fenugreek Seeds
- 6. Black Currant
- 5. Use Of Iron Pots
- 4. Eat Some Almonds
- 3. Milking It Up
- 2. Add In Animal Protein
- 1. Figs
15. Grab Those Apples
People aren’t wrong when they keep on telling you to avoid going to doctor just by having an apple a day. This is true since apples are iron rich fruits and they can sufficiently boost those levels to a good scale just after a regular in take of apples for a week. Trust us when we recommend you to go for apple and beetroot juice in the morning because the juice extracted out of these two will not only increase the level of red blood cells in the body but will also balance out those low and dropped levels of iron.
- Extract a cup of juice out of an apple and a beet.
- Add a teaspoon or half of honey to adjust the taste.
- You can even have this juice twice in a day.
14. Driving In Honey
There are many healthy alternatives to cope up with iron deficiency in the body. When you are low on the red blood cell count you find yourself looking for energy in doing the smallest of things. You do not know how to cope up with this energy crisis since all you can feel throughout the day is lethargy. Having honey a couple of times in a day can actually keep your sweet buds satisfied while on the same side it will also help increasing iron, manganese and copper levels in the body.
- Just grab a jar of organic and raw honey and take down a teaspoon of honey for both pleasure and health.
- You can alternatively add honey to a lot of things like juices, milk and even pastes made out of dried nuts.
13. Know About Blackstrap Molasses
This might be a new concept for a number of people but blackstrap molasses is actually a fuel-pumping engine for people who are suffering from anaemia since a long period of time. It can provide you up to 15-20% of your daily iron requirements with just a glass of drink containing blackstrap molasses. It is also rich in vitamin B12 and other necessary minerals and nutrients required for that umph of energy.
- Add in a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses either in warm water or milk, whatever tastes better to you.
- Gulp it down and feel energized.
- This drink is great for pregnant women because most women suffer from a drop of hemoglobin levels during pregnancy period.
12. Power Up With Spinach
Popeye’s ever-favorite food that has been inspiring kids to finish their spinach in the plate is actually truly a power house for iron when you see Popeye sizing up twice the of what he used to be is actually possible after adding this iron rich vegetable to your diet. It won’t be long enough when you too will feel the same difference in your own health and energy after consuming a rich amount of spinach. The vegetable also fulfills your daily requirements for folic acid and vitamin B12 up to 32%.
- Blend a glass of juice out of a cup of spinach and drop in a teaspoon of honey in it for taste.
- Otherwise you can even consume a bowl of hot spinach soup for your savory side.
11. Magic Of Sesame Seeds
Everybody loves picking up their favorite buns that freshly come out of the bakery oven and are topped with those amazing and delectable sesame seeds. Most of the baked stuff like breads buns and at time even croissants doesn’t look that appealing without sesame seeds. This appeal can actually take you to a good place health wise because these very seeds are known to boost up your iron levels to up to 35% on daily basis.
- To utilize them directly is a tease so for that reason soak about a tablespoon or two of sesame seeds in water for good 3 hours and then strain them.
- Use these seeds to make a paste by adding a little honey and get this paste down the throat two to three times in a day.
- You can also soak them in warm milk and after a good soak you can strain them and grind the to make a thick paste.
- Then mix the same paste yet again in a warm glass of milk with some honey to get the essence of the seeds.
10. Paradise With Pomegranate
Pomegranate is actually a fruit straight from Paradise this fruit though difficult to make is not only rich in iron but also boosts up vitamin C in the body along with being a great source of magnesium and calcium. This in the end helps to increment the level of red blood cells in the body that finally balance the hemoglobin level.
- Pomegranate juice is itself a great boost of energy but for more effect add just a dash of cinnamon powder and a little honey to enhance the taste.
- Take this juice daily for boost of energy.
- Otherwise, you can always have a cup full of pomegranate seeds as your early morning breakfast.
9. Go With Dates
Dates are not only delicious but they are jam packed with tons of the good stuff as well. They are loaded with iron and vitamin C, yes vitamin C might seem odd but they are definitely going to boost your skin with freshness and while it is still there it also grabs some extra iron for the body.
- One great drink for morning sickness and weakness is that you soak one or two dates in a glass of milk overnight.
- The next day you grind the mixture together after you have taken out the date seed and drink it.
- This is an amazing energy booster.
- Grab a date or two randomly in the morning and gulp those down for fun and as some iron supplement.
8. Go Bananas
Bananas are instant energy boosters already with the wholesome amount of natural sugars available in this buddy. Your mom might have yelled at you for keeping a naked banana on the counter or leaving the apples cut open and unattended for a longer period of time. This is because you might also have noticed that these fruits instantly turn black due to oxidization of iron with air. This proves the presence of iron in bulk within these fruits. After this sign it is much needed for us to grab some bananas and chew down on them everyday.
- You can always mash up a great banana smoothie early in the morning to get some freshness, taste and energy.
- Or simply snack on a banana or two for enjoyment and fitness.
7. Fenugreek Seeds
Women might have heard about fenugreek seeds being good for the loss of weight. Well there are pretty much many applications of a single product in terms of home remedies as they can possibly be used in a variety of different ways to extract different results. In the case of anaemia, fenugreek leaves and seeds can be used as they activate the growth of red blood cells and with the activated growth of red blood cells there will be far more oxygen intake by hemoglobin as it were before.
- You can add a teaspoon or two of fenugreek seeds while cooking rice and then some salt to taste
- Eat this up once in a day and test it for about 2-3 weeks for better results.
- On another hand, people have also been using fenugreek leaves as parts of many salads and soups.
6. Black Currant
They are black and they are what you should be wanting for getting rid of anaemia. These bad boys are rich in not just iron but vitamin C as well, where vitamin C actually helps retain iron in the blood and increase the red blood cell count to a healthy level. The taste is beyond amazing and are instant fall in love case.
- Soak some dried black currants in water overnight.
- Next day get them out from water and remove those seeds.
- Next simply chew them and take them down before having breakfast.
- Great for boosting up the metabolism as well.
5. Use Of Iron Pots
This actually might sound more of a myth to many women but this has been found effective in many ways. Yes the use of iron pots has been researched to be effective at providing small amounts of iron to the body when the food is being cooked in it on daily basis. So as to avoid the loss of iron from the body one can easily substitute the pots in the kitchen with some iron pots and have small amounts of iron without worrying about not having any at all.
4. Eat Some Almonds
Most people actually run away from having nuts on a daily basis. Yes to have fists full of nuts is not the right away to get the required goodness because that way you are well exceeding the limits. The way is just to grab 3-4 nuts as a casual, random snack. Almonds are said to be a great as they have strong ratios of copper as well as iron.
- The best one can do is that to soak about 5-6 almonds in water and keep it up overnight.
- The next day you can peel the skin off and consume either by making a paste out of them or simply having them in their own form.
3. Milking It Up
Many kids actually suffer from iron deficiency right after they have left their mother’s feed. Some kids stop taking any substitute milk altogether and this way they lag behind in getting the wonderful amount of minerals and nutrients that are present inside milk. Mothers even try different methods to get their kids to consume milk but somehow they often fail to motivate themselves enough when the kids refuse to drink some.
- Milk is actually good for the body overall as it also balances the Calcium level.
- Just add whole black pepper to some boiling milk and let it boil for a while.
- Boil this up in an iron vessel to add in extra iron content.
- This drink is actually good for the red blood cell count as well as higher levels of hemoglobin.
2. Add In Animal Protein
Meat is a great source of protein and iron and to have a balanced meal you should be having a meal or two of meat based in a week. Form of meat such as liver and kidney is actually rich in vitamin B12 and iron along with it. Fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are also good source of iron and proteins together. These are an effective and tested method to increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood. More hemoglobin results in better oxygen absorption and transmission through the body.
To have a couple of dried figs in a day is great to cure anaemia. Many people suffer from what we describe as vitamin deficiency anaemia and figs are rich course of vitamin B6. When consumed together with milk these are an excellent source to boost the red blood cell count and get rid of vitamin deficiencies from the body.
- There are a number of ways of consuming figs, one is to either have them raw and in dried form.
- The other is that chopping them up and adding honey.
- On the other hand grind a number of figs and form a thick paste that can be added about a tablespoon full in a glass of warm milk.
How To Prevent Anaemia
A simple round up includes that:
- Better cook the food in iron vessels.
- Always take a look of your vitamin and iron intake on daily basis.
- Vitamin C is a great source for iron absorption in the body.
- Better to avoid excessive intake of coffee and tea that not only drain the hydration but also reduce iron absorption.
- Go for dried fruits and nuts as they are an excellent source of iron.