There are many common mistakes that don’t let us lose weight fast but some are more harmful than others. You’ve started your weight loss program, you’re eating less and only using healthy and low-calorie foods in your meals, exercising regularly but your weight is not ready to come down and those wobble pounds are not going away. This is very frustrating and discouraging problems most of us face when we don’t get immediate result even after giving it all.
To counter this major problem and speed up your process of slimming down, first you’ve to figure out the common mistakes that usually slow down our progress and don’t let you to weight loss fast. To help you in your quest for a beautiful, healthy and slim body; we’ve mentioned some of the most common dieting mistakes that don’t let you lose weight fast. So try to avoid these mistakes and you’ll be able to reach your goal in no time.
5. Don’t Be Too Hard on Yourself
Counting calories is normally the first thing we all do when we start our dieting and weight loss program. We can’t deny the importance of taking in fewer calories than the requirement of our body in our fight against fat. But Sticking to a healthy diet plan is also one of the diet mistakes that don’t let you lose weight fast.
New researches show that although taking constantly low-calorie foods increase the metabolism of our body and starts melting body fat quickly but after some time your body starts to resist against it and your metabolism starts to slow down and you start to feel hungrier. In the end your weight starts to increase again and ultimately you gain all lost pounds of those wobbly body fat.
If you want to lose weight fast and also to counter your body’s resistance in your weight loss battle, you should skip your diet once in a weak and eat your favorite cheat meal. This surprising and strange technique doesn’t let your body’s resistance to get used to one kind of meals and your body metabolism maintains its speed constantly. Treating yourself with your favorite food every once in a while also keeps your craving for unhealthy and junk foods in control and it also motivates you to follow your diet program determinedly. Just make sure that you don’t eat too much and stop eating when you’re full. After this cheat meal once again go back to your normal healthy eating plan to speed up your weight loss process.
4. Don’t Eat Too Much Low-Carb FoodsIt is true that you avoid unhealthy fats and carbohydrates in your diet but if you eat wholegrain pastas or wholegrain rice in your regular meals, you’re definitely taking in a lot of carbohydrates in your body. Eating foods that contain carbohydrates is another one of the common mistakes that don’t let you lose weight fast.
Doesn’t matter if they’re complex carbohydrates or not, if you’re not balancing your diet and eating only these wholegrain foods in your breakfast and dinner, you’re definitely going to gain more weight instead of losing it. These carbohydrates increase levels of blood glucose in your blood and in the end your body doesn’t burn these carbs but it starts to store them in your body as fats.
To avoid “carb-effects”, you should eat balanced diet that contains protein as it will help you to lose weight fast and have a healthy body. You should eat balanced foods that contains healthy low-carb vegetables (broccoli, eggplants, cauliflower or leafy greens like spinach, lettuce ), foods that are rich in protein ( turkey and lean meat), foods that contain complex carbohydrates( sweet potatoes, oats, carrots, brown rice) and foods with healthy monounsaturated fats like ( oily fish, olive oil , avocados). Make sure to include all these healthy ingredients in your meals if you want to speed up the weight loss process.
3. Avoid Stress and Its After-EffectsStress is also one of the main factors that don’t let your lose weight fast. Stress can cause emotional and uncontrollable eating. Although in the beginning, when you’re in stress, the production of hormones like cortisol and CRH increases and you lose your appetite completely. But if the stress continues for long time, hormones like cortisol can also increase your cravings for unhealthy and junk foods and also disturbs your metabolism. In some common diet mistakes don’t caring about your stress and anxiety is one of those mistakes that don’t let you lose weight fast.
To avoid emotional eating relating to stress, you can use many different effective techniques like yoga and deep breathing. Whenever you feel cravings for comfort foods, try deep breathing exercise for 5 to 10 minutes. Deep breathing and yoga lower the stress levels and also decreases the production of hormones like cortisol and CRH. Also try to indulge in some healthy activity like going for a walk or calling a friend to distract you from these cravings.
2. Don’t Distract YourselfDon’t indulge in other activities while you’re eating (regular meals of snacks). When you’re busy in other activities, you often eat mindlessly and usually eat more than you need. Multitasking during eating is one of the major diet mistakes that don’t let you lose fat fast. So don’t eat when you’re working on computer or watching TV or preparing a report. When you’re no concentrating on your meals, you don’t recognize your brain’s signals that tell you that you’ve had enough food and it is time to stop now.
Don’t involve yourself in any other activity when you’re eating. Try to eat on a fix time when you don’t have to do any other work. Try to eat at dining table where distractions like TV, computer, tab or cell phones are not available. To keep yourself aware of your food routine and quantity write your daily food intake in a food diary and analyze it at least once in a week.
1. Skipping Meals is HarmfulSkipping meals during the day and over-eating in the evening is also one of the most common diet mistakes that don’t let you lose weight fast. Usually people eat in the small portions during the day or even miss their midday meals but all this effort ends up in vain when you being unable to control your cravings in the evening eat more than you ate all day. In the end your blood sugar level rises and your body starts to store this sugar as body fats.
Make a proper schedule of your meals during the day and try to eat on fix times. According to scientists; Instead of losing weight, skipping meals will ultimately lead you to gain more weight. To ensure the stable levels of blood sugar, eat some healthy snacks in small portions during the day. Don’t forget to include foods containing protein in your meals to stable the blood sugar levels. Use foods like berries, nuts or fruits as snacks that are good for your health, for better results.