Breathing is one and only factor because of which we humans and all livings beings are alive. If something goes wrong in the airways which transports oxygen to lungs, certainly breathing starts obstructing. Therefore, asthmatic patients are those who have this ailment for months and years, hence are chronically asthmatic. Furthermore, these airways become inflamed and sored which becomes vulnerable to allergies.
This inflamed tracks or airways doesn’t allow air to reach lungs in a normal way. It also triggers exhaling. How will you find if you are getting asthma? For that, you need to watch out and be vigilant about symptoms.
Any sign which gives you an indication to have heaviness in breathing, stiffened chest, chronic or severe cough and production of hisses in sound can be some eminent symptoms of asthma. Unfortunately, asthmatic patients gets asthma attacks or difficulty in breathing during nights and mornings.
Asthma is also included in the list of those diseases which are treated and reduced, not fully recovered. It is because of the fact that asthma is irredeemable. Here, in this article we have collected some home remedies. These are good in reducing the intensity and lowering down the attacks or problems in breathing. All the remedies are basically applied using food ingredients which include; honey, coffee, figs and garlic.
Here are the Top 10 Home Remedies for Asthma.
Garlic has a compound, Allicin, which is found in abundance. It is also known for its nutritious package. It is also found to be rich in manganese. Garlic stimulates detoxification and helps prevent diabetes.
- Select ten garlic cloves.
- Now peel each one individually.
- Crush garlic cloves.
- Heat quarter cup of organic milk.
- Add in crushed garlic cloves.
- Let it come to boil.
- Keep on stirring to avoid lumps.
- Strain milk in a cup or mug.
- Bring hot milk to relatively less hot temperature.
- Sip milk while it’s still bearably hot.
- Drink it daily to cure asthma.
There are some findings of compound which is known as Gingerol‘s. It has high anti-inflammatory agents. This substance is not only good for asthma but also works well on people who have osteoarthritis or any other form of arthritis.
- Take a container or plastic bowl and add following items in the exact proportion mentioned below:
– Two table spoons of ginger paste or extracted juice.
– Two table spoons of extracted juice of pomegranate.
– Two table spoons of organic, raw honey.
- Mix all the ingredients and have quarter of it every day, preferably once in morning, evening and night.
- Make ginger tea by following steps below:
– Boil a cup of water.
– Add in an inch of ginger in it.
– Allow it to seep and simmer for 5 minutes.
– Strain it with the help of sieve into a cup.
– Add in some honey, brown or white sugar.
– Utilize it every day for at least a month.
- Decontaminate or detoxify your body with the help of consuming homemade solution to cure asthma:
– Take one table spoon of fenugreek seeds.
– Boil them in quarter to half cup of water.
– Now add in a teaspoon of extracted juice from ginger.
– Also include a teaspoon of honey, preferably organic.
– Please don’t strain fenugreek. Add everything in it in the ratio mentioned above.
– Have it twice a day every day; morning and evening.
Honey is known for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and properties to detoxify heavy metals in your body. The best remedy for asthma is said to be through honey. It is used and experienced in many diseases. Consensus and medical research has found it working on a majority of ailments.
- Take a quarter of raw honey in a small container or bowl.
- Inhale the aroma of it.
- Repeat thrice at the same time with a pause of 4 to 5 seconds each.
- Boil a glass of water or take distilled water and warm it in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Next step is to add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix it in hot water.
- You can also add a pinch of salt and few drops of lemon juice to enhance the flavor.
- Drinking it three times in a day can really help you respire normally without using pump.
- Gulp one teaspoon of raw honey at the bed time. It will sooth your throat and help you breathe easily. Obviously, this will support in a better and sound sleep.
Onions are rooted down to herbs which include many other species. They have the power to heal asthma and it is because of its properties. Now which nutrient facts it contains to lower the risk and issues? First thing first it contains anti-inflammatory properties. Secondly, it is best known for asthmatic issues. Along with it, onions have antioxidants which help in dealing with asthma.
- Peel one small sized onion.
- Separate its layers.
- Wash it to remove its smell.
- Now sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of a layer.
- Chew it with or without your regulate meals.
- Include onion in your daily diet.
- Cut one onion in dice shape.
- Add some diced cucumber and carrots.
- Squeeze few drops of lemon.
- Also add salt and pepper to taste.
- Have it as a salad between meals.
- Again, daily consumption will lessen the asthmatic attacks.
Asthma can be lessened and cured by the help of coffee. It has a very unique combination which is somewhat like theophylline (a medication used for asthma). It is also recommended not to overuse coffee because it has very slow and steady results.
- Take a sachet of coffee mix.
- Pour all the ingredients in a hot cup of water.
- Add in sugar if the sachet doesn’t has it.
- Drink not more than one cup of coffee every day, let it be morning, evening or night.
- Also make sure to avoid black coffee if you live in a hot and humid country.
6. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil has all those properties which assists in improving asthma. Selenium and magnesium are two nutrients which works on airway tracts to pass oxygen easily. Organic mustard oil also has vitamin B-Complex, thiamine, flats, etc. These assist reducing weight as well as reducing attacks of asthma.
- Heat one tablespoon of mustard oil in a pan.
- Add in one tablespoon of olive and coconut oil as well.
- Be careful that it doesn’t boil or get extra hot. It should be bearable on skin.
- The final and most important step is to do massage with light hands on the back side of chest and rib cage.
- It should be practiced three times in a day.
- Regular massaging for a month or more will start subsiding asthma indications and symptoms.
How do you think figs help in reducing the asthmatic attacks, keeps breathing normal and regulated? Scientists and researchers who have studied nutritional facts state figs have vitamin A and K along with E. Figs also contain some soluble fiber and minerals which stimulates the reduction of asthma.
- Fill a glass of water which has room temperature.
- Take three to four figs.
- Wash them nice.
- Add them in the glass of water.
- Let it remain there overnight or 12 to 14 hours.
- In the morning or after 14 hours, consume figs.
- Don’t throw the water in which figs were resting. They have all benefiting dietary nutrients. Drink the water too.
- Regulate yourself and have it once in a day.
- It is recommended to soak figs overnight and consume its water and figs in the morning. Best it to have them in an empty stomach.
8. Lemons and Berries
Lemon and berries no only helps in eliminating and reducing asthma but also functions well in resolving skin problems. Along with skin and asthma issues, it is also best known for weight loss, cholera and internal bleeding. Vitamin C in lemon helps in aiding asthma.
- Squeeze one big lemon in a 75-100 ml pitcher.
- Remove seeds before taking out its juice.
- Add in adequate amount of water.
- Use sugar according to your taste and a pinch or two of salt.
- Stir it well till sugar is dissolved.
- To avoid the wait, you can add castor sugar. Be sure that powdered sugar is relatively used less as compared to the solid crystal form.
- Put following fruits in a blender and add sugar to taste.
– 3 to 4 blueberries.
– An inch of papaya slice, obviously deseed and without skin.
– 4 to 5 strawberries.
– Few deseed orange slices.
- Consume it daily without any gap. If you don’t have any of these fruits, stock and freeze them in their season.
9. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is not a safe thing to use when you are in first, second or third trimester of pregnancy. It is always advised to test it on a patch of skin and then go according to its outcome. However, this oil can help any asthma patient. It holds strong aroma which paves way to opening of nostrils and lessening the airway tract soreness.
- The best way to take advantage of eucalyptus oil is to take few drops of it on a cotton ball.
- Place it beside you while sleeping.
- Don’t put it too close because its aroma is quite strong.
- Bring half-filled saucepan or pot to boil.
- Add few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Inhale it with steam.
- This shouldn’t be exercised more than twice in a day.
- Mornings and nights are the best time to get benefit out of this home remedy.
10. Carom Seeds
- Boil water in a container.
- Once it is boiled add a teaspoon of these seeds.
- Turn the stove off after one minute.
- Take steam.
- Repeat once daily.
- Instead of taking steam, strain its water in a cup.
- Drink carom seeds tea once in a day.
- Heat carom seeds for a minute in microwave.
- Wrap it around a cotton cloth.
- Tie a knot around it so that seeds don’t fall off.
- Use it as a heat compressor.
- In the end, place it on your chest for one minute.
- Repeat it thrice in a day; morning, evening and night.
- Make its paste by following steps below:
– One teaspoon of carom seeds should be grinded till they form powder.
– Also make powder of Jaggery seeds in the same ratio.
– Mix it.
– Consume this powder (one teaspoon) twice a day, every day.
Knowing all these ten top home remedies for asthma, we hope you will get better and see eminent change in the condition. Do write and share your views on how far did these home remedies helped you.