People who suffer from sleep apnea often undergo with CPAP therapy. It works by attaching the device to both your face and mouth to help control snoring.
CPAP therapy is an effective treatment when it comes to curing sleep apnea. Proper use of the machine and the cleaner will allow the individual to make the most of it and cure their snoring issues.
This is why cleaning your CPAP machine is crucial and must not be ignored. A neglected CPAP machine will accumulate bacteria and instead of treating your sleep apnea, can introduce you into other health concerns.
CPAP machines require proper cleaning and maintenance to function correctly. Purchase of CPAP machines should also consider the cleaner. A high-quality machine and a reliable CPAP cleaner will help you to make the most of it and cure your sleep apnea faster.
Today, we are going to review the top five best CPAP cleaners available in the market today. Along with this review is a buying guide that can help you choose the right CPAP cleaner for you.
Types of CPAP Cleaner
- Full Face Mask – covering both your mouth and nose and can stretch across your forehead. However, this type of CPAP mask is not suitable for claustrophobic people. It is an ideal choice for people who breathes through their mouth when they are sleeping. It is also suitable for people who move a lot when sleeping.
Nasal Pillow – this mask can fit under the user’s nose, and its strap covers less of your face. It will make you feel less suffocated. This is ideal for people who wear glasses because it does not cause blockage to the sight. But it is not suitable for people who move a lot when sleeping. If you have dry mouth, it is also an ideal choice as it helps to reduce the air leak.
Top Best-Selling CPAP Cleaners
Here is a list of the top five best-selling CPAP cleaners that you will most likely find in the market today. The following products are ranked based on its effectiveness, price, and easiness of use.
SoClean CPAP Cleaner
This CPAP cleaner does not make use of water or other harsh chemicals in its operation. It is effortless to use that disconnection from your CPAP machine is not needed anymore. All you need to do is to place the mask in the unit before it starts operating.
The cleaner can kill up to 99.9% of germs building up in the mask, the hose, and the reservoir of the cleaner. Its cleaning cycle will only consume two hours of your time. However, keep in mind that this CPAP cleaner will require you to replace its parts annually. You can also check its portable version measuring only 6 x 6 inches. Its battery-operated design will allow you to bring the cleaner anywhere you want.
The SoClean 2
This is one of the top-rated CPAP cleaners in the market. It is a bundle of CPAP cleaner and sanitizer. While this device is very useful in cleaning your CPAP machine, some customers are complaining about its bleached odor. According to the manufacturer, it can kill up to 99.9% of germs in the mask, hose, and reservoir.
The FDA approves the machine. It is a natural process using activated oxygen to sanitize your CPAP machine. Its cleaning cycle is fast, and the operation is also quiet. It is easy to use and allows you to save time in the long run.
When buying a CPAP machine and cleaner, here are the following factors that you should always keep in mind:
- Size – if you have been advised to use a CPAP machine, the size of the mask really matters. There are different sizes that you can choose for your CPAP masks, but most of them are adjustable. You can always inquire to the manufacturer on how to adjust the mask and how to use it properly. Using the mask should not cause you any discomfort or cause you any pain.
- When it comes to the CPAP cleaner, you should also consider its size. If you travel frequently, then you should opt for a CPAP cleaner that will not take much space and is travel-friendly. But some larger models can take up much space in the house. It is an ideal choice if you only want to use the cleaner in your home and it also has a longer lifespan.
- Easiness of Use – this works for both the CPAP machine and the cleaner. It should be easy to use. The mask should be adjustable, and the cleaner should be easy to operate. It can save you a lot of time in the long run. You shouldn’t take much time trying to configure how to use it accordingly.
- Operation Noise – the CPAP cleaner, it shouldn’t operate unnecessary noise. It should be a quiet operation that will not disturb anyone while the cleaner is in the cleaning cycle with the machine. Most CPAP cleaners have a noiseless feature that will allow the individual to clean it without hassle.
- Manufacturer – you should also consider the manufacturer. Select the reputable manufacturers in the market as they can provide the best of customer service. They also offer high-quality products and services, so rest assured that you can enjoy the best of products and customer service.
- Cleaning Solutions – as much as possible, you should opt for cleaners that do not use strong chemical solutions to clean the machine. Some cleaners will only require plain tap water while some may require a cleansing solution. While it is not a problem, you should make sure that it is mild but can kill up to 99.9% of bacteria.
- Cleaning Cycle – the cleaning cycle of the CPAP cleaners will vary. As much as possible, you should choose a CPAP cleaner that has a short cleaning cycle. Some models will only take half an hour to clean the CPAP machine while some may take up to three hours. Time-consuming cleaning cycles may cause a delay with the operation and may also cause hassle.
- Battery – if you are planning to use this CPAP cleaner when traveling, you should consider a battery-operated design. Rechargeable integrated battery will allow you to use it anywhere and anytime you want. Some models are corded that limits your use inside the house.
- Warranty – you should choose a CPAP cleaner that offers at least one year of warranty. This is why selecting reputable manufacturers is a must. They offer warranty and excellent aftersales service. It is also convenient because you can get original replacement parts from the manufacturer per se.