Heartburn is a condition which has nothing to do with the heart. Signs and symptoms are however somewhat what you may notice in any heart disease. It is a condition in which you simply cannot digest food during the process of digestion. The bacteria can strike in any form while you eat food, pass it to the stomach or even after digesting a portion of it.
The symptoms and causes are determined on what you are allergic to. It is about heartburn which makes you feel nauseatic and is accompanied with diarrhea. The pain grows between chests, typically from the breast bone to the upper portion of the stomach. It gives a feeling of chill and bounds can be taken into notice.
In this article you will find most common home remedies to fix heartburn. They include, chewing gum for half an hour, herbal drinks and other ways to deal with it.
Here are the top 10 Home Remedies for Heartburn.
1. Chewing Gum
Chewing gum comes in so many flavors and are way too handy to be taken as per need of reducing heartburn. It is said and believed by many dentists and medical health professionals that chewing gum actually stimulates saliva which washes away the refluxes which are produced here and there. To understand the concept of the theory, it was experimented by many people and miraculously 4 out of 5 people were cured instantly. This is what they did:
- Took a sugar free chewing gum.
- Unwrapped and chewed it in slow motion for good 30 minutes.
- They also repeated it after each meal they took.
Mustard is taken as one good ingredient which can cater the reduction and then elimination of heartburn problem. It has the properties of alkaline which works magnificently in the bouts of heartburn. But to get all back to normal healthy state, it needs a lot of courage. It is said because, mustard requires you to gulp it down your throat from the spoon to the mouth. This is what people did to get it effective in curing heartburn issue:
- Take a clean spoon and take out good quality yellow mustard jar.
- Open it up and collect your guts to take out half a teaspoon of it.
- Don’t think too much just place it in your mouth.
- Without any second thought, gulp it in.
- You will feel a bit nauseating but accept it as a challenge.
- Drink a glass of water if its taste doesn’t stop irritating you.
If you are looking for a home remedy which would affect your heartburn instantly, then it is the most perfect time to count on ginger. It is an herb which can reduce heartburn miraculously. Ginger can be consumed in food, tea and in the raw form. However, the most effective way is when you follow this:
- Take fresh piece of ginger and wash it nicely.
- Grate it till it reaches the perfect amount of one teaspoon.
- Bring a cup of water to boil.
- Add half teaspoon of grated ginger in the water.
- Let it simmer and have it with remaining raw ginger.
- Have it whenever you have the bound of heartburn.
4. Aloe Vera
It is scientifically proven that juice of aloe vera helps in reducing inflammation and all sorts of heartburn, mild and chronic. However, if it is taken in a large quantity it counter backs and gives problems in the form of acidity. To be in the balanced and mediocre consumption you should:
- Take pulp or juice of aloe vera.
- It should not be more than a teaspoon.
- Add it in a lukewarm water.
- Make it tasty by the help of half a teaspoon of honey.
- Enjoy the drink.
- Don’t drink more than a cup daily.
5. Mint Tea
Mint leafs have the characteristics of soothing and healing the condition of heartburn. It is an easy way to get immune system working on an appropriate speed and working on digestion. This is what you can do with mint leafs to make heartburn go away in merely ten to fifteen minutes:
- Bring one cup of water to boil.
- Leave fresh mint leaves in it for about 5 minutes.
- You can also add honey to your taste.
- Have it once in a day to prevent unseen heartburn.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda gives room to reduce and finally diminish heartburn in your body because of two reasons. Sodium bicarbonate is in abundance which helps in dropping the rate of heartburn. To avail the tip through which heartburn can be tackled you should….
- Take a cup of water and add quarter teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Have the drink.
- Have two cups of it in a day with the gap of 12 hours.
7. Soda with Lime
Sodas are one good remedy to rely on. It is light on pocket and can be used whenever you want.
- Take any soda, take it out in a glass.
- Add few drops of lime or lemon.
- Also add one pinch of salt.
- Chill it in the fridge.
- Have the drink after meals but too much of its intake can give you a side effect of acidity.
8. Go Nutty with Almonds
Looking for a home remedy for heartburn and nothing has affected you in that regard? Try one simple remedy in which you just need to:
- Take 4 clean and washed almonds.
- Chew them before every meal.
- Don’t drink water after it.
Acupressure is not a home remedy but it is one of the best ways through which you can reduce heartburn. This is what you need to do:
- Taken your left hand in the right one.
- Start from the third finger which is known as ring finger. Place your hand right under the third portion in the finger (the natural cuts you have in each finger).
- Bring it towards you and repeat the process.
- You will find some sort of relief.
- Repeat the same procedure on the other hand.
10. Fresh Fruits Drink with Mint Leafs
Take a banana and half fully ripened apple. Then follow the steps given to reduce heartburn:
- Cut banana into small pieces.
- Slice apple into 3 to 4 pieces.
- Put them in a grinder.
- Grind it with one tablespoon of sugar and one and a half cup of chilled water.
- After mixing it well, pour it in a cup or glass.
- Drink the tasty fruit juice and relief heartburn.