Forearm plank is the most common form of performing the plank exercise. It is performed by getting into a push-up-like position, with the forearms, and toes bearing the body’s weight. Not only is it great for losing belly fat, but it’s also a great exercise for strengthening your shoulders and core, including your glutes.
1. Place your forearms on the ground. Keep the elbows below the shoulders, and the arms parallel to each other separated by about a shoulder-width’s distance.
2. Lift your body up in a push-up like position such that your body weight is borne by your forearms and toes.
3. Stay in this position for about 30 seconds if you are a beginner and gradually increase the time as you advance.
There are other variations of the plank too, like plank walk, side plank, and medicine ball plank.
Sumo squats are effective at getting rid of even the most stubborn belly fat.
- Start by spreading your feet wider than your shoulders and position your feet at a 45-degree angle.
- Now perform a 90-degree angle squat while raising your hands to meet under your chin.
- Then come half-way up before going down again.