Diagnosed with gallstones? This doesn’t necessarily mean that you should have a surgery. You actually can get rid of gallstones naturally that will dissolve gallstones.
What exactly are gallstones? Like half the name suggests, they are hard deposits (stones) that form in the gallbladder. Never directly go for a surgery. At least try once to get rid of the gallstones naturally. Having a gallstone friendly diet and use of natural ingredients can help you get rid of gallstones.
These little gallstones can be very painful. At times, people are not even aware that they have gallstones. However when gallstones block the bile duct, it causes back pain, severe pain in the abdomen particularly the right side, chills, indigestion, bloating, vomiting and nausea. The pain may continue for several hours.
Make sure you consult your doctor first because sometimes it requires immediate treatment. Here are some natural methods to get rid of gallstones without getting butchered.
1. The Apple Combo to get rid of Gallstones
The combination apple juice and apple cider vinegar is a sure reminder of the age old saying ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’. They said it for a reason. Apple juice and apple cider vinegar can dissolve gallstones. Apple contains malic acid that makes the gallstones soft and apple cider vinegar keeps the liver from making cholesterol that cause stones in the gallbladder. It not only gets rid of stones but also subsides pain.
- Take a glass of apple juice.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well before drinking.
- Drink it when you get a gallstone attack.
- It is immensely helpful in relieving pain within few minutes.
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add two teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink the potion the first thing in the morning.
- Continue drinking this for few weeks to dissolve gallstones.
2. Pear to get rid of gallstones naturally
An odd comparison but the pear shaped gallbladder stones can be removed by the pear fruit. Did you know 80% of the gallstones come from hardened cholesterol? The pectin in pear helps to soften the gallstones so that they can be dissolved and flushed out. You can use the pear method along with other remedies as well.
- Take half glass of hot water.
- Then add half glass of pear juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey and mix well.
- Drink this juice three times a day.
- Cut pear into small pieces.
- Cook it in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then eat this cooked pear two times a day and continue for two weeks.
3. Lemon juice to get rid of Gallstones
Lemon juice along with other similar citrus fruits helps to stop the liver from making gallstones causing cholesterol. It also contains an important component called pectin that helps to give relief from pain. Have lemon juice every day along with eating other citrus fruits.
- Combine 30ml of fresh lemon juice, 30 ml of olive oil and 5g of garlic paste.
- Consume this ayurvedic method the first thing in the morning.
- Repeat for a minimum of 40 days to dissolve gallstones.
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add four tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix well and drink it the first thing in the morning.
- Repeat for many weeks till the gallstones are removed.
4. Gallstone friendly diet
A gallbladder friendly diet and lifestyle can do wonders in eliminating gallbladder stones. Here are some useful tips for a gallstone diet:
- Make loads of fruits and vegetables a part of your diet. Have a minimum of five portions every day.
- The first thing you should do is limit the amount of food high in fat and sugar. Take limited amount saturated fat like cakes, meat, cheese and butter. Instead, maintain an intake of unsaturated fats like avocados, olive oil, seeds and nuts.
- Take a diet that is high in fiber like vegetables, fruits, pulses, beans, rice, whole wheat products and oats.
- Avoid frying food. Instead of frying food, grill, boil or steam it.
- Drink coffee daily but not too much. Having one to two cups a day is ideal. Coffee stimulates production of bile that prevents gallstones.
- Eat food rich in starchy carbohydrates like pasta, potatoes, cereals, rice and bread.
- Make use of herbs and spice in your daily cooking that are known for stimulating gallbladder and liver. Some of these herbs are long pepper, dried ginger, black pepper, turmeric and others.
- Say no to fatty food and decrease weight if you happen to be obese. Make exercise a part of routine and take 5 to 6 smaller meals rather than 3 big meals.
- Get rid of constipation. It facilitates gallstones formation.
- Make sure you keep yourself well hydrated by drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Make sure you are taking the required amount of vitamin C by taking citrus fruits in particular.
5. Milk Thistle to get rid of Gallstones
Milk thistle is a herb that has long been known for detoxifying your liver and a natural way to treat your gallstones. It reduces the size of gallstones and provides relief from pain. It increases the production of bile which helps to expel gallstones from the body. It also helps the liver to work to its optimum.
- To make milk thistle tea, take one tablespoon of milk thistle.
- Grind it.
- Take three cups of water and let it boil.
- Add the crushed milk thistle to it.
- Let it simmer for few minutes.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add some honey to enhance the taste.
- Drink this tea twice a day for few weeks.
- You can have this herb in the form of a supplement.
- Simply add milk thistle seeds to your burgers, vegetables, juices or salads.
6. Dandelion tea to get rid of Gallstones
Dandelion serves as a great herb for both your gallbladder and liver. It helps to keep them functioning to its optimum. While it helps the liver to produce more bile and detoxify it, it also stimulates the gallbladder if it is functioning slow.
- To prepare dandelion tea, take a cup of hot water.
- Add one teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves in it.
- Steep it for five minutes.
- Add some honey to enhance taste.
- Drink this dandelion tea two to three times a day.
- You can steam dandelion and eat it or simply add them to your daily salad.
Warning: do not opt for this remedy if you are diabetic. Talk to your doctor first.
7. Peppermint tea to get rid of gallstones fast
Peppermint facilitates flow of digestive juices including bile. The important component in bile known as terpene is believed to have the power to dissolve stones. The best way to consume it is in the form of peppermint tea which is highly effective for giving your relief when you have a gallbladder attack.
- Simply take a cup of water and bring it to boil
- Add one teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves to it.
- Allow it to steep for few minutes.
- Strain it and add honey as a taste enhancer.
- Take this tea two times a day between meals. Continue doing this for 2 months.
- You can also take peppermint oil capsules.
Chamomile tea can be equally effective.
8. Psyllium to get rid of Gallstones
Did you know high fiber diet can treat gallbladder stones? Psyllium is known to be packed with a high content of soluble fibers that sticks to cholesterol in bile and keeps it from forming gallstones. Constipation is also one big reason of gallstones and psyllium helps to keep constipation at bay and reduce your chances of gallstone formation. It helps to promote normal bowel movement necessary for preventing gallstones.
- Take a glass of water and add a tablespoon of psyllium powder.
- Stir well and drink it before going to sleep at night.
- Continue drinking till you get rid of gallstones.
Warning: drink ample water when you are drinking this psyllium solution.
9. The Veggie Juice Therapy to get rid of Gallstones
A fruit and vegetable based diet is essential to treat gallstones. Vegetable juice combo consisting of cucumber, beetroot and carrot is extremely beneficial due to each of these vegetable’s effective qualities. Cucumber contains a high percentage of water which detoxifies the liver while carrot is full of vitamin C that stimulates bile production. On the other hand, beetroot serves as a great gallbladder as well as liver cleanser.
- Get one cucumber, one beet root and 4 carrots of medium size.
- Cut them into pieces and toss them in a blender or juicer to extract the juice.
- To make the juice even more effective, you can even add ginger, celery and apples.
- Drink this juice two times a day and continue doing so for two weeks.
10. Castor Oil Compress to get rid of Gallstones
Castor oil possesses great medicinal powers. Castor oil with its anti-inflammatory qualities can minimize pain and inflammation. Castor oil compress can give your relief from gallbladder pain.
- Take a clean rag and soak it in cold compressed castor oil.
- Wring out the excess before using.
- Keep this rag on the skin where gallbladder is present.
- To make this more effective, cover this rag with a plastic sheet.
- Then place a hot water bottle on this plastic sheet.
- Leave it on for half an hour for relief.
- Do this thrice a week till your condition improves.
Some Useful Suggestions to get rid of Gallstones Naturally!
- Make sure you don’t skip your meals and eat them at a proper fixed time daily.
- If you happen to be overweight, try to bring your weight down to a healthy level because obesity increases chances of gallstones.
- Maintain a regular exercise program and keep your eyes on your calories. It helps to keep the gallbladder function to its optimum.
- Immediately get in touch with your doctor if you notice signs and symptoms of gallstones like severe abdominal pain or pain in the right shoulder and back.
- There are yoga poses that can help treat gallbladder stones and are supposed to be performed early in the morning on empty stomach. They can help shrink gallstones and pass them out through urine.
- Say no to soy products because soy can cause hormonal imbalance increasing your chances of gallstones and increasing the intensity of pain associated with gallbladder.
- Increase your calcium intake if you are not taking the required amount per day. It prevents stones from forming and also keeps the existing ones from getting worse.
- Take a glass of warm water and add sea or Epsom salt (NOT table salt) to it. Drink it before going to bed to prevent gallbladder pain.
- Have alcohol but not more than one drink a day.
- Have unsalted nuts few times a week.
- No matter how tempting it may be but simply avoid high fat snacks and deserts like cookies, chocolate and baked stuff.
Many of the herbal remedies mentioned might not suit your condition which is why you should always discuss with your doctor before trying these remedies. What’s more is that you need to keep yourself well hydrated. It’s a point worth repeating because water is the component of blood that maintains the flow of everything including bile.