When you see a red spot which grows in size and the redness changes from red to yellow, there is huge possibility that you are about to get painful boil. These boils are crusted with crown which has pus inside it. The cause of these boils can be due to the infection which sprouts inside the skin. The glands which produce oil and have infection due to the close linkage of tissues can be the root cause of boil. The difference between a boil and a pimple is based on its color, texture and pus. Boils can be formed in any place but they are mostly found under the armpits, shoulders, neck, inner thighs, thighs and hips.
The causes of boils can be categorized by the personal and collective ones. Hygiene and cleanliness is mandatory and should be taken care by everyone. However, when we cleanliness is ignored and you keep your body dirty, boils tend to appear on them. Since, joints of the body have some space which is closed to flesh and doesn’t get much air, boils try to make their homage there.
In this article you will get to read about home remedies which are depictions of how boils can be treated by the help of natural way. Natural and home remedies of boils include tea tree oil, castor oil, milk, turmeric powder, etc.
Here are the top 10 Home Remedies for Boils.
1. Indian Lilac (Neem)
Indian lilac is also known as Neem. The leaves of Neem tree have the beneficiary effects on the skin. It is antiseptic, anti-allergy and anti-bacteria which treats boils miraculously.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add a fistful of leaves.
- Bring the leaves to boil.
- Wrap them on the cloth.
- Put that cloth on your boil.
- Make sure you are covering the boil from everywhere.
- For best results, put any antibiotic ointment (with the consent of doctor) to bring out the pus without any pain.
2. Black Seed (Kalonji)
Indian herb Kalonji is also consumed in Italian and international cuisine. It removes patches on the skin, brings out smoothness and eliminates roughness along with many other benefits. It has the qualities of antibiotics and can be used on boils for its painless removal of pus.
- Take a tablespoon of black seeds and place them in the grinder.
- Make a powdery smooth texture.
- Add quarter teaspoon of black seed oil in the powder.
- Apply it on the boil without the help of any cloth or fabric.
- Let it be there for around 10 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure for almost three times in a day.
3. Bread Poultice
Poultice is one old fashioned way of treating boils. It is readily available in the market and can be relied upon to make your boils vanish in maximum three days. This is what you are required to do:
- Warm 5 tablespoons of water or milk in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Dip a slice of bread in the milk.
- Cut it into 4 pieces.
- Put one piece on each boil, in case there are many, directly without any thing attached.
- Rest it there for three minutes and then change the pieces of bread with the new ones.
- Repeat this procedure for about three times in a day.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Skin problems are part of life and especially if you are a female. Tea tree oil comes with the natural properties of healing any skin disease and can reduce the pain to minimum. Boils can be treated by this oil too.
- Take a drop of tea tree oil on the tip of the index finger.
- Drop it directly on the boil.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the oil with dirty fingers.
- Repeat the process for about 4 times in a day.
Turmeric is a herb which is used in most of the desi cuisines. It is considered as an agent which purifies blood and also has anti-inflammatory possessions.
- Bring half cup of water and equal amount of milk to boil.
- Add turmeric powder, about one tea spoon in the milk.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar.
- Gulp it down your throat for three times in a day.
- Repeat it till you get naturally healed and pain in the boils sort of subsides away.
6. Warm Washcloth Compress
Unlike other painful techniques to pull out pus, this one is relatively easier and comfortable. It is said that warm compression helps the pus to come out on its own.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Without turning off the stove, place a clean piece of cloth in it for a second or two.
- Take the cloth out.
- Squeeze a bit to take out excess water.
- Make sure that you are wearing an apron and hand gloves to avoid any water burn.
- Let the cloth be a bit cooler.
- Put it on the boil and let it be there for some time, depending on the temperature which is bearable.
- Repeat it several times in one go.
Boiled eggs can bring direct, instant and spontaneous result to the boil.
- Boil an egg.
- Peel it.
- Separate the egg white.
- Put it directly on the boil while is hot.
- Wrap a piece of cloth around it to make it safe and away from drying or getting cold.
- See the result after repeating it for six times in 2 days.
Old remedy of reducing pain and completely removing boils is to use milk in the following manner:
- Bring 2 table spoons of milk to boiling temperature.
- Add corn flour approximately one teaspoon to make a thick texture.
- Add one tea spoon of salt too.
- Apply warm milk mixture on the boils.
- Repeat it thrice in a day.
This is one trick or home remedy which is tried by many people. Most of them had been cured through this one remedy.
- Peel off onion.
- Take out its one layer.
- Heat it up on the stove.
- Put it on a clean fabric.
- Put it on the boil directly.
- Bandage it.
- Repeat it for three times in a day.
10. Castor Oil
Like many other ingredients, castor oil is also rich in antiseptic properties.
- Take a cotton ball.
- Drop few drops of castor oil in that cotton ball.
- Apply that on the boil.
- Cover it up with the cloth.
- Change the bandage three times in a day.